PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion FZ322 front landing gear.

Htfiremedic
04-20-2013, 10:08 AM
I was setting our Fuzion up yesterday. The ground was a little unlevel. I wanted to try to take the suspension out of play also. I set our blocks after leveling the tires, dropped the rear stabilizers, set our front blocks, strayed the front gear down. The front gear bogged down. I had to take pressure off the rear to get the front to go up.
Is this normal? Has anyone had this problem😬?

Festus2
04-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Normally, you would not try to raise the front of the Fuzion using your landing jacks when your stabilizers have been lowered and snugged down. If the rear stabilizers are down, this puts increased strain on the front landing jacks which are trying to raise the front of the Fuzion and can't because the rear stabilizers are preventing the back from going down.

I would suggest that you do not put your rear stabilizers down until you have raised the front up to the appropriate level. After it is level from front to back, then lower your rear stabilizers and snug them up.

JRTJH
04-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Like Festus2 said, you had the "fat kid on the wrong end of the see-saw". Landing gear in most fifth wheels is, at best, "bare minimum" to lift the front of the trailer off the hitch. Doing it like you did, essentially, you moved the center point from the axles to the rear stabilizer jacks. Trying to lift that much weight with a set of jacks that are designed to "barely" lift the pin weight is going to put a strain on them and cause them to "groan" under the excess weight. Move the "fat kid" back toward the middle (raise the rear stabilizers) and things should be good again.....

Htfiremedic
04-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Cool deal! I hate that. I get a lot of movement from the suspension. Tried x chocks. It feels like a bounce. May have to break down and do the string arms.
Thanks guys!

IdahoSRT10
04-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Cool deal! I hate that. I get a lot of movement from the suspension. Tried x chocks. It feels like a bounce. May have to break down and do the string arms.
Thanks guys!

My Stablizer struts removed 90% of the bounce/sway. Sometimes a extra pair of sissor jacks near the axles is needed.

"SteadyFast"
"Eliminator" struts
"Untra-Fab"
"JT's Strong Arms" is what I use.

Any of the above work.