PDA

View Full Version : hardwall

moonner2
04-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Can someone tell me how much extra a hardwall 27 foot Keystone Springdale would be versus an aluminum model....and does it translate into more trade-in value in the future ? I like the looks and it appears to be more rigid in construction.

KanTC
04-17-2013, 07:12 PM
How much 'extra' as in price?? That's kind of difficult to answer since pricing can vary based on the model and dealer location, etc.
If I remember correctly, the fiberglass/hardwall is/was an optional feature on the Springdale & "should" (logically) increase trade-in value too.
You might try the NADA site, using a previous year's model... http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs
should give you a basic idea on re-sale price difference between the two exteriors. As an added note, the fiberglass is typically a bit heavier
(weight) than the aluminum siding if all other construction is the same.

Hope this helps.
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

moonner2
04-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Thanks......I checked on a 2012 used model and it appears the hardwall option would cost about $2000.00 dollars more than standard aluminum siding. If anyone has purchased a hardwall in the recent past I would appreciate it if you could let me know approximately how much extra it cost on a 266 model.