PDA

View Full Version : TikiTim"s Mods II

Tikitim
04-15-2013, 08:59 PM
I've completed these over the winter.
http://s1305.beta.photobucket.com/us...14318717540595

Full view window makes a huge difference from inside.
Matching light fixture just makes sence.

B&T
04-15-2013, 09:03 PM
We're sorry, we cannot find the page you requested.

Please check the URL for correct spelling and capitalization.

Tikitim
04-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Check my post from 3-24-13. pics are there. I'm working on this, don't know what happend.

chartrand
04-16-2013, 12:21 AM
http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/timdr10/library/299RKS%20MODS?sort=3&page=1

This is the link that is needed. The Mod's look good. What do you store in the storage tube mod, fishing poles maybe?

-Pat

richf28
04-16-2013, 01:21 AM
I'm curious where to get the supplies for the toilet sprayer mod.

Bushman512000
04-16-2013, 03:35 AM
Nice work love the door also the air pin box I just got off the kijiji site looking for a pin box as for the window was it hard to find and install? I am not a real handy person but would like to try that is a sharp mod for sure Bushman said that If You can give Me a idea on the way to do the mod please.:D(tx)

mijones
04-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Very nice mods. I won't be showing my wife or I will be kept very busy this summer. Where did you get the window for the door? That looks great

raytronx
04-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Sweet set of mods. You have been busy. :)

SteveC7010
04-16-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm about 99.99% certain that is a standard kitchen sprayer and hose available in the plumbing department of home improvement centers and hardware stores. Even WalMart carries them.

Tikitim
04-16-2013, 08:55 PM
I put all long things in tube including pie irons, fire poker, etc. and yes fishing rod.

Tikitim
04-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Sprayer is from Thetford, it is called a Water saver and it comes with the little wall bracket, hose clamp, a flange seal and all hardware. Available at dealer ($$$), online ($$) or where I picked up mine, Bontregers in Mich. ($)

Tikitim
04-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Very nice mods. I won't be showing my wife or I will be kept very busy this summer. Where did you get the window for the door? That looks great
Door window comes from a place called Bontragers RV Surplus. Window was actually pretty inexpensive ($80.00). My buddy and I installed it in about 1 1/2 hours using a RotoZip but a jig saw could work.

richf28
04-17-2013, 02:47 AM
Ok thanks, I think it's a great idea. Gotta get one.

Poppy's 5th Wheel
04-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Wow, a bunch of great ideas. We have the same trailer and I don't seem to see many of them on here. We absolutely love ours. Couldn't really tell from the pictures what exactly you did to the wall in the storage compartment but the pictures (2 of them) say you changed it.

mijones
04-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Door window comes from a place called Bontragers RV Surplus. Window was actually pretty inexpensive ($80.00). My buddy and I installed it in about 1 1/2 hours using a RotoZip but a jig saw could work.

thanks for the info i think i will be trying this one. You changed the flooring from carpet to vinyl flooring and it looks like it matches the original flooring in the trailer. Where were able to find that? I would really like to change mine too. Thanks for your help

Tikitim
04-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Wow, a bunch of great ideas. We have the same trailer and I don't seem to see many of them on here. We absolutely love ours. Couldn't really tell from the pictures what exactly you did to the wall in the storage compartment but the pictures (2 of them) say you changed it.
I moved water pump a little over and back and reworked vanity drain which allowed me to mount the back wall to the aluminum frame instead of it just floating free on a long angle. Now more storage space because of the straight wall.

apr67
04-18-2013, 09:00 AM
Sprayer is from Thetford, it is called a Water saver and it comes with the little wall bracket, hose clamp, a flange seal and all hardware. Available at dealer ($$$), online ($$) or where I picked up mine, Bontregers in Mich. ($)

The water saver is just a sprayer with a hose and wall bracket. Did you see any reason why you couldn't just by a sink sprayer, cut the pipethreaded end off and hose clamp it on? Other than the lack of a bracket?

Poppy's 5th Wheel
04-18-2013, 10:21 AM
I moved water pump a little over and back and reworked vanity drain which allowed me to mount the back wall to the aluminum frame instead of it just floating free on a long angle. Now more storage space because of the straight wall.

Okay, I see. I need to get in there and check that out. I'm afraid to mess with that since the whole thing seems to be attached with not much more than chewing gum! All kidding aside it's pretty flimsy in there.

I want to run a cigarette lighter up by the TV to plug in a small invertor. Would I get access to that area from inside that panel? Seems like it would be right around there.

Tikitim
04-18-2013, 07:48 PM
thanks for the info i think i will be trying this one. You changed the flooring from carpet to vinyl flooring and it looks like it matches the original flooring in the trailer. Where were able to find that? I would really like to change mine too. Thanks for your help

You will have vinyl flooring under the carpet, its just a matter of lifting carpet from the hallway. There will be a bunch of staples holding down carpet only around the perimeter, remove carefully, you will see tiny holes in vinyl but don't worry they are self sealing and will disappear in a few days. When you get to the bedroom door leave a little extra carpet before cutting off so you can tuck it back underneath and re-staple carpet down. I picked up exact matching vinyl from keystone and I think I have a whole bunch left.

Tikitim
04-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Okay, I see. I need to get in there and check that out. I'm afraid to mess with that since the whole thing seems to be attached with not much more than chewing gum! All kidding aside it's pretty flimsy in there.

I want to run a cigarette lighter up by the TV to plug in a small invertor. Would I get access to that area from inside that panel? Seems like it would be right around there.

You're right it is very flimsy in there but don't be afraid, I'm sure you can put it back together every bit as good or better than they did, just take the screws out of the angled panel and it will come right out, than do the same for the inner panel but this one will have TV coax and 110 outlet attached, (mine already came with a cigarette lighter mounted with these two outlets) you can just lay it aside while you collect all the extra screws, wire ties etc. from behind.:rofl: Also it would be a good time to vacuum up all the saw dust and cuttings you will find back there. :rofl: You will also see your fresh water pump back there as well as other wire runs and plumbing.

Tikitim
04-18-2013, 08:34 PM
The water saver is just a sprayer with a hose and wall bracket. Did you see any reason why you couldn't just by a sink sprayer, cut the pipethreaded end off and hose clamp it on? Other than the lack of a bracket?
You probably could use a sink sprayer but for the price that I payed at the RV surplus store it could not be beat.

DK Henry
04-19-2013, 02:29 AM
can you post some more detailed pictures of your toilet sprayer? I would like to see how you hooked to your water source.(tx)

mijones
04-19-2013, 04:48 AM
You will have vinyl flooring under the carpet, its just a matter of lifting carpet from the hallway. There will be a bunch of staples holding down carpet only around the perimeter, remove carefully, you will see tiny holes in vinyl but don't worry they are self sealing and will disappear in a few days. When you get to the bedroom door leave a little extra carpet before cutting off so you can tuck it back underneath and re-staple carpet down. I picked up exact matching vinyl from keystone and I think I have a whole bunch left.

Thanks very much for the info.You have done some really great mods and have given me some ideas to do to ours. Thanks for sharing

Sulphur1
04-19-2013, 05:04 AM
Thanks for posting - some great ideas.
I also have a 299RK but not yet modified to be allowed on Australian roads,
What is your impression of the Trail Air hitch and its ride?
I was going to purchase a Fifth Airborne as a friend did and it is a lot heavier construction than the Lippert
Is the Trail Air also of a heavier construction than the original?
Cheers

Tikitim
04-19-2013, 02:40 PM
can you post some more detailed pictures of your toilet sprayer? I would like to see how you hooked to your water source.(tx)
I can't get to trailer at the moment for pics, but I think
I can give you a little help, just have a peek behind toilet and you will see a hose barb, you just cut the tip off and attach sprayer hose to it with a small hose clamp. You will have to depress pedal to have it spray.

Tikitim
04-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Thanks for posting - some great ideas.
I also have a 299RK but not yet modified to be allowed on Australian roads,
What is your impression of the Trail Air hitch and its ride?
I was going to purchase a Fifth Airborne as a friend did and it is a lot heavier construction than the Lippert
Is the Trail Air also of a heavier construction than the original?
Cheers

I will never tow a 5er without some kind of air pin. I only towed my 5er home from the dealer, about 100 miles without the trail-air and wondered what we got into with the harsh ride. The trailer wasn't one day old when I did this mod, and have been happy ever since. I got mine when tail-air was still on their own, so I don't know about the heavier construction but I can tell you I have not had a single problem with it.

Sulphur1
04-20-2013, 04:08 AM
Thanks Tikitim

apr67
04-23-2013, 09:26 AM
You probably could use a sink sprayer but for the price that I payed at the RV surplus store it could not be beat.

I went ahead and used an existing sink sprayer I already had. Just cut the end off the nipple on the toilet, side the hose on and clamp it.

Free, except I don't get the nice holder you have.

Tikitim
04-23-2013, 08:42 PM
I went ahead and used an existing sink sprayer I already had. Just cut the end off the nipple on the toilet, side the hose on and clamp it.

Free, except I don't get the nice holder you have.

Glad to be of service."bouncey: