PDA

View Full Version : 41 ft Raptor Landing Feet Problem

GaryBarks
04-15-2013, 08:45 PM
I have a 41 ft 2010 Raptor and am having problems with the front feet being able to lift the trailer. Started last summer (3rd season). Getting progressively worse and to the point where it will not lift high enough to hitch to the truck. Dealer keeps replacing parts because I have the RT 66 extended warrenty, and Keystone won't help me out with it being a design problem. Trailer is very heavy (3000 lb pin wt) and only has 1 motor/gear box on the front landing gear.

Anyone else having similar problem?

crash
04-16-2013, 04:03 AM
Sounds like a weak pump or a restriction in the lines maybe one or so of the lines have collapsed on the inside.

JRTJH
04-16-2013, 05:51 AM
GaryBarks

First of all, :wlcm: to the forum. We're glad you decided to join our group.

Now as for your landing gear, you didn't say if it is electric or hydraulic actuated. If it is electric, a number of people on the forum have indicated that the one motor system doesn't lift the heavy front very well and many have removed the tandem link rod and installed a second motor on the slave leg. You may find information about this by doing a search for "Landing Gear" and/or similar topics. Use the search feature in the blue bar that is at the top of every forum page to get started.

If your system is hydraulic, you may have air in the lines, a bad actuator o-ring or simply a low fluid reservoir. If you're not satisfied with your dealer's service, discuss it with them. With a 2010 year model RV, Keystone probably won't do much to repair your RV under warranty. They most likely would think that it should have been identified and repaired during the first year of ownership.