PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

WB6UHQ
04-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Good to be in the ranks of 5th wheelers.
Been on a steady diet of truck campers... last of which
was a good BigFoot.. too small for grandpa and grandma
and two full time grandbabies.

Glad to be here.

73s (Best Wishes to all)
de
Dennis
WB6UHQ

JRTJH
04-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Dennis,

Welcome to the forum. You will find most fifth wheels to be "palacial" compared to a truck camper. We stepped up to an 11' Harvest cabover from our VW bus. It seemed huge at the time, but after living in it for a couple of weeks, that Airstream sure seemed to have more room than we'd ever use... I can imagine the interior of your camper with two adults and two kids on a rainy day. You'll probably be able to find a "quiet corner" in the fiver, something that's impossible in a cabover truck camper...

Enjoy the forum, look around, see what interests you and join in. We'd be happy to hear some of your experiences.

Festus2
04-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Dennis -

It looks like you are a Ham judging by your user name. Somewhere along the way, we had a truck and camper along with 2 young boys. Crowded? Most of the time, yes - but lots of fond memories.

Now that there is just the two of us, we have a 5th wheel and much more room. Fewer people ---- more space.

Welcome to the forum -- enjoy your new 5th and all of the room you now have.

WB6UHQ
04-27-2013, 07:06 AM
Hi John, thanks for the warm welcome... yes, it looks like we are going to have LOTS of room.. helps that we were used to the confines of the smaller BigFoot slide in.... were getting the Montana ready for an outing.. were leaving Sacramento for Fallon NV next week for a week... doing some archaeology work up that way, and when I can I take the family... looking forward to getting it on a long road trip!!
Thanks again!

Dennis

WB6UHQ
04-27-2013, 07:13 AM
Hello Festus2/Fraser Valley.. yes were going to enjoy this.... I loved the BigFoot, and wanted to go BigFoot 5th wheel, but, them are out of my league.. built for your part of the world and well made... yep. been a ham for nearly 50 years.. and it scares me to admit that to myself... egad.. am I that old!!

Yes we built up a lot of memories from last summer where we took the BigFoot on a 15K mile trip to all lower 48 states... those boys are a few who can say they have seen them all (lower 48).. Were planning Alaska next summer, and a short flight to Hawaii for a short vacation for them...

Thanks for the warm welcome.. really 'preciate it..

Dennis/Sacramento

Javi
04-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Howdy and congrats on the new spacious 5'er... "bouncey:

WB6UHQ
04-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Hello Javi, Thanks, yeah, the spaciousness is amazing.. but then, I do have that big thing following me all the time.. ha! Life is good!
Dennis