PDA

View Full Version : Cougar 275RBS Rear Garage Door

Muzz
06-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Hello all,

I have a Cougar 275RBS. I has a rear garage door that opens on two pistons. The door itself has been compromised by water getting in and rotting the wood interior. The door has two small holes at the bottom and after a rain, a brown scum weeps out and stains the rear of the trailer. The steel screws that hold the pistons have long since rusted out and I have had to make wide plates to spread out the stress points. Several spots are so rotted you can press the two exterior skins together and have them touch.

As soon as I saw the weeping I tried to seal the perimeter to no effect. I am not going to be happy if I find out it was made internally with particle board.

Anyone else have this problem...can it be rebuilt or does anyone know a source where I can get a new one to install it myself.

Muzz

Festus2
06-27-2010, 09:05 PM
A couple of other members who have toy haulers have posted problems with a brownish liquid found around the bottom of the rear door. From their posts, it seems as though this "gooey" liquid is leaching from the wood. Not sure if the wood they are referring to is glued particle board or some other kind of man-made "wood". You might do a search of the forum for posts dealing with this topic or if they spot yours, they might get in touch with you.

dmax
11-03-2013, 02:01 PM
I've got the same problem. I'm looking at putting a gutter over the garage door. Anyone else have a fix?

Tim

04z71
11-05-2013, 10:11 AM
that door looks awesome i wish i had something like that to store gear. sucks about the issue your having tho. good luck