PDA

View Full Version : Brand New- Floor flexing at entry steps

therink
04-14-2013, 08:38 AM
Hi All
My Sydney 340FBH is about 2 weeks old. I did a very thorough PDI during delivery and identified and had about 6 factory flaws repaired before I took delivery. So far so good. After entering/exiting the rig about a thousand times in the back yard while doing my mods, loading it for the season, etc. The floor developed a very loud creaking sound when putting weight on the entry steps. Upon further inspection, i noticed the entire floor at the threshold drops about 1/8". I climbed underneath and checked the step bolts and they are secure/tight. The creaking sound is coming from the point where the floor meets the sidewall about one foot rear of the door. This area is wrapped in black darco fabric so I can not see in to inspect the perimeter floor (sill plate) area. To access the floor to wall anchoring points, it appears the lower aluminum skirting would need to be removed for access.

It is apparent that the floor in this area is not securely anchored to the bottom of the sidewall, hence causing the floor to give under pressure. This unit was on display in the dealer showroom, so I suppose that the steps got a lot of use prior to my purchasing it. I placed a bottle jack under the step frame to support the weight and that stops the floor flexing (obviously).

The last thing to do is bring the unit back under warranty, as I am afraid it will take them weeks to get warranty approval and then repair. I had a bad experience before at this dealer with repair delays. I will call them tomorrow and see about bringing the unit to them to confirm the issue. I suppose I could bring it back once they have Keystones approval and can commit to making the repair in a timely manner.

Has anyone had this problem with the floor? If so, what was the fix for it?