PDA

View Full Version : Delayed Response

JRTJH
04-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Has anyone else been experiencing longer than usual response times on the forum today? We have satellite internet and it's usually a bit slower than cable. This morning the forum was very slow, however this afternoon, it's taking anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 or 4 minutes to load a page. Other websites seem to be working about as fast as normal.

Anyone else having issues?

fla-gypsy
04-11-2013, 02:11 PM
It is running very badly. It is not you

fla-gypsy
04-11-2013, 02:46 PM
All of a sudden it is very fast again

SAD
04-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Almost unusable for me.

The tracert resolves quickly with minimal latency... And all other sites I visit are fast.... Suspect hardware issue for the host provider.

SAD
04-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Never mind... It's not almost unusable.... It IS unusable..

Somebody call me on the phone when it's safe to return. LOL

x96mnn
04-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Slow for me as well

JRTJH
04-11-2013, 05:20 PM
I sent the administrator an email. I'm sure as soon as he reads it he'll start working on a fix. Thanks for your responses, at least I know it's not just my satellite connection.

davidcyndi
04-11-2013, 05:46 PM
I did a tracert and ping -t for 20 seconds and had 50% packet loss and 67ms when it did respond.
Did a who is on domain and the host company's site is down as well. Looks as though they are having full network issues not just domain server. Just give them time. They might be doing maint and didn't tell courtland. maybe ddos attack on colo, we just don't know right now.

fla-gypsy
04-11-2013, 05:51 PM
It all cleared up quickly for me

JRTJH
04-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Fla-gypsy, It's been in and out for me all afternoon/evening. It'll work for 20 minutes then go down again for 30, then "tease me" and then go down again. Whatever is going on, hopefully it'll resolve itself before too long :)

KanTC
04-11-2013, 08:35 PM
I've also been having issues all day too... plus, for the past 45 min, I've gotten *Forbidden Access*
Error Messages! :eek: Couldn't even access the forum... first time that's ever happened.

Seems to be working better at the moment.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

Ron
04-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Must have something to do with the weather....:rolleyes:

Courtland
04-11-2013, 08:41 PM
I would like to apologize to our users, the web hosting provider (GoDaddy) was having some issues today and this is what was causing the slowness and making life difficult for everyone on KeystoneRV.org. I am being told by GoDaddy that the hosting server crashed and they had to reset the permissions on quite a few websites. They originally told me it could take up to 24 hours but I was happy to see it fixed in a couple hours. I will continue to watch the forum and if this starts to happen again I will try and get it resolved quickly for everyone. Once again sorry for the inconvenience.

Courtland

JRTJH
04-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Courtland,

No need to apologize, it's certainly not within your ability to keep Godaddy.com functional. We all appreciate what you do and realize that sometimes things happen.

Thanks for what you do.

hankpage
04-12-2013, 05:15 AM
I am sure our fearless leader, Courtland will come out of the phone-booth in his superhero costume and save the day soon. The site was down completely last night so I guess some progress has been made. I thought it was the CG wi-fi but I guess not.