PDA

View Full Version : Picking up new Passport Elite 31RE on Saturday

blackhound1
04-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Going to Jacksonville this weekend to pick up our new Passport Elite 31RE. This is our first travel trailer and hope to have fun and a good experience with it. Unfortunately we will have a 280 mile trip home on our maiden voyage. I hope it travels well.

Clark
04-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Congrats on the new passport Really like that floor plan, Just take it easy on your maiden voyage home, Bet your gonna love that trailer.

audio1der
04-10-2013, 05:42 PM
^ Agreed!
Use the trip as learning, to ensure everything is set up correctly with your hitch & TV, and to learn how it tows. If you have to pull it home, you'd might as well make the best of it.

440justin
04-10-2013, 05:59 PM
I just picked up my Passport Elite 23RB over this past weekend. I everyone who has looked at it so far has been impressed with how up scale the Elite looks inside!

warsw
04-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Going to Jacksonville this weekend to pick up our new Passport Elite 31RE. This is our first travel trailer and hope to have fun and a good experience with it. Unfortunately we will have a 280 mile trip home on our maiden voyage. I hope it travels well.Make sure you check the tire pressure before you leave the dealer. I have found that even thought they might say the tire pressure is good, they are really lame about getting it right. I bought a new TT a couple years ago and I even ask if the tire pressures were up to spec and they assured me they were. After I towed it the 30 miles home I checked the tires just to satisfy myself and found the 4 tires were between 19 psi and 28. They should have been at 65. If I would have needed to tow it 280 miles I doubt they would have made it.

08quadram
04-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Picked up our new 2920BH end of March. Was about 120 mile trip home. Pulled great.

make sure and check your labels for you grey and black water tanks. I know mine were labeled backwards. So I moved the label and painted the grey tank valve handle gray.

Haven't had a chance to use it yet except where its parked next to the house.

Papabr49
12-29-2014, 07:51 PM
We purchased our 2014 31RE in April 2014 and LOVE it. It's a great floor plan and LOTS of space. You're going to enjoy it.

Randy_K
12-30-2014, 06:46 AM
Going to Jacksonville this weekend to pick up our new Passport Elite 31RE. This is our first travel trailer and hope to have fun and a good experience with it. Unfortunately we will have a 280 mile trip home on our maiden voyage. I hope it travels well.

Congratulations on the new rig. :applause:

If I may offer a bit of advice....
I would use the PDI form on this site to go over everything. I would also suggest for spent a night or two close to where you pick up the trailer. Run everything, Furnace as well as air. Take a hot shower, use city water as well as the holding tank. Run the fridge on AC as well as 12V. Use all the plugs . Open and close every door, inside and out. Run slides and awning back and forth. be sure to fill and empty the black and grey tanks.

Trust me it will be worth it in the long run. If things are not right leave it at the dealer .

GaryWT
12-30-2014, 08:59 AM
Congrats and good luck, hope it all goes well.

audio1der
12-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Congratulations on the new rig. :applause:

If I may offer a bit of advice....
I would use the PDI form on this site to go over everything. I would also suggest for spent a night or two close to where you pick up the trailer. Run everything, Furnace as well as air. Take a hot shower, use city water as well as the holding tank. Run the fridge on AC as well as 12V. Use all the plugs . Open and close every door, inside and out. Run slides and awning back and forth. be sure to fill and empty the black and grey tanks.

Trust me it will be worth it in the long run. If things are not right leave it at the dealer .

^ Awesome advice. Your time in potentially saved travel and aggravation is worth it.
Also, LOVE the tip about painting the grey tank handle grey! I know which is which, but would be handy for when my little guy or wife are helping.

jlonginav
01-05-2015, 08:38 PM
Congratulations. I have a 2013 31RE. It is a great trailer & floor plan. Something I got early on was a pair of Valterra Stabilizers they really help cut down on the movement once your are at your site