PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Bullet

apr67
04-10-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm noticing the roof on my bullet seems to be made in a pretty light weight manor. My guess is (although its not written in the loquacious manual provided by keystone) that it isn't designed to support human weight without the addition of some reinforcement. I am guessing something more than Luan spread across the supports is needed, but I am interested in what other folks use.

x96mnn
04-10-2013, 09:25 AM
I cannot comment on the Bullets roof ability, the Sprinter I have boost of being able to walk on the roof and even the slide roof. In my last camper with a roof that was not rated for walking on I had a piece of 1/2 inch 2 feet by 3 feet and another 2 feet by 2 feet I would lay out on the roof before I walked on it. This spread my weight out over a larger area and would use the two to create a walk way two and from the work and off points I needed to get to.

KanTC
04-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Owner's manuals (although loquacious) are not brand/line specific, so you'd need to check the roof construction details for the Bullet line itself. ;)
It may not be designed with a "walk-on roof"; and if not, then the less time & extra weight on the roof, the better.

As x96mnn said, you could use wooden planks to move from one area to another, and be careful (of course) about 'sliding' anything across the roof.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)