PDA

View Full Version : Real Estate Agent Question

Devildogmom
04-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Can a person fire a seller's agent who isn't doing his job?

davidcyndi
04-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Did you sign a contract? If so have you read over it? They make you sign these to make it very hard to get out of. You may want to talk to the agents boss and voice your displeasure. They may let you get out of the contract but most likely ofer to give you another agent within the firm. If you didnt sign a contract you are free to go.

crash
04-10-2013, 02:14 AM
like david said if theres no contract you can cut the ties and move on.

mikell
04-10-2013, 04:14 AM
Tricky but yes. I always have a 24 hour notice on occupied homes so people can clean up. I had an agent that showed up unannounced 3 times. I told her to stay off the property or I would have her arrested. I put it in writing and delivered it with their sign. Her response was she was going to sue fine by me she broke the contract.

Philip Saran
04-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Many years ago my first wife and I had the same problem with a
non preforming agent and ended up having the manager take
over the final part of our sale of our home.

Went with another company and agent to buy the next home.

Ken / Claudia
04-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Do you have a contract and what is the salesman not doing? If you have not a signed a contact yet, find out what your state may require if anything and spell out what you think needs to be included regarding the salesmans job. If they agree, (on paper) thats your contract. Hold them to it. I have purchased 6 homes and sold 5 here in OR and WA thru agents, the contracts are many pages long. About all that can change is after the end of the contract date which could be 90/120 etc days.