PDA

View Full Version : Power Converter

mik3yc4
04-09-2013, 03:09 PM
My parents have a 2005 Laredo 5th wheel parked at my house for their visits here. I wired a 30 amp plug from my house for the RV. Now usually I am pretty handy with figuring things out, but I am not an electrician. I wired the plug 220v. This was a problem! I have destroyed everything that was plugged into an outlet in the RV; TV, stereo, microwave, alarm clock, ect. The battery no longer charges. I figure that I have killed the converter as well. I need to know where that converter is to get a part number to determine replacement costs. Hopefully there is help on the way :)

Bob Landry
04-09-2013, 03:32 PM
It's going to be in close proximity to the water heater and furnace, usually. It's the device with the circuit breakers and fuses in it.

raytronx
04-09-2013, 03:40 PM
I'd look under the stove or fridge area, that seems to be were most are.

Don't feel too bad miss wiring the outlet is a common thing even by electricians. Another good example of why it pays to have a decent Surge Protector wired into the rig.

Ray

SteveC7010
04-09-2013, 06:23 PM
My parents have a 2005 Laredo 5th wheel parked at my house for their visits here. I wired a 30 amp plug from my house for the RV. Now usually I am pretty handy with figuring things out, but I am not an electrician. I wired the plug 220v. This was a problem! I have destroyed everything that was plugged into an outlet in the RV; TV, stereo, microwave, alarm clock, ect. The battery no longer charges. I figure that I have killed the converter as well. I need to know where that converter is to get a part number to determine replacement costs. Hopefully there is help on the way :)

Check out these guys for help and replacement items:
http://www.bestconverter.com/index.html