PDA

View Full Version : 2 Mods

cmlong
04-08-2013, 10:32 AM
In our Cougar the area for the TV in the bedroom was just a waste since we don't use a TV there. I had two cabinet doors made by a cabinet maker and installed them over the opening. I also added a shelf to better use the space.

Also we haven't liked the bright light from the skylight over the shower. I had an old day-night shade and I cut a piece that covered the top of the lower skylight lens. It doesn't cut out all the light but it has muted it and makes it very attractive.

hankpage
04-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Very nice job matching the wood for the doors. Looks good and you can never have enough storage.

michol02
04-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Very nice job"bouncey:

raytronx
04-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Nice mods. I've been looking for something to do about that shower skylight also.

JRTJH
04-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Nice mods. I've been looking for something to do about that shower skylight also.

Ray, I took some of the WalMart nonslip "lace" in a neutral gray color and put it between the two skylights. I used some duct tape to hold it along the edges where it can't be seen. It cut about 50-60% of the heat gain and about 40% of the light. It worked for us and was something that we had left over after doing the cupboards and shelves in the pantry.