PDA

View Full Version : rv stereo

moonner2
04-06-2013, 05:32 PM
On the 2004 Springdale 266RELL I just acquired, the rv stereo is missing. I would like to know what brand Keystone used, was it a Jensen or a Linear Series with a cassette or cd?? I would like to find a replacement of some sort.
Any help would be appreciated.

SlowPoke
04-06-2013, 05:50 PM
I have a stock Jensen in my 2013 Passport, not sure if that was the standard in 04 or not.

SteveC7010
04-06-2013, 05:54 PM
I have a stock Jensen in my 2013 Passport, not sure if that was the standard in 04 or not.

Jensen seems to be the Keystone choice for a stereo.

Measure the rough opening where the radio should be. There's always a few up on Ebay for reasonable prices.

I'm hoping that you (the OP) checked to see if all the wiring is there where the radio goes?

JRTJH
04-06-2013, 06:13 PM
If you're going to replace a "missing" stereo, you may want to look at one that interfaces with the TV and has a DVD player in it. That will save you some space by having a basic TV/Audio system when used with the TV. If, however, you're inclined to want to go "audiophile" then Jensen is a basic system in a box and no matter what kind of speakers you put with it, it's going to sound "second rate" compared to Bose or most other "upscale" audio systems.

The newer Springdale RV's as with most other Keystone products, has gone to an AM/FM/MP3 player with a CD/DVD player. Based on what was in your RV, after measuring, look around and see what you can find on Ebay and on Amazon. Sometimes you can get more than the basic for the same price or even cheaper if you shop wisely.

threejaws
04-12-2013, 06:30 PM
My 2012 has the linear series rv 5055. I am getting ready to have the 3rd one put in because of different problems.

Lost
04-13-2013, 06:45 AM
On the 2004 Springdale 266RELL I just acquired, the rv stereo is missing. I would like to know what brand Keystone used, was it a Jensen or a Linear Series with a cassette or cd?? I would like to find a replacement of some sort.
Any help would be appreciated.

I've replaced several stereo's in my 5ers.. What I have found is there is very little choises because of the size of the stereo face unless you are good at cabinet making. I luckly know cabinet making very well so I didn't have a issue making any stereo fit.:)