PDA

View Full Version : New Outback 316RL

grhertzy
04-06-2013, 12:40 PM
We just purchased a new Outback 316RL. Bought the unit in Davenport, IA and towed it from IA to Kingwood, TX (Houston area). 2200 miles round trip, half of it towing, so I got a lot of towing experience on the way home.

Heading to Galveston next weekend for the first camping weekend. Looking forward to it.

Cougarfamily
04-06-2013, 01:01 PM
:wlcm: and congrats on the new Outback!

That was quite a haul for the purchase journey! I thought us driving 8 hours to Denver with trade-in, and 8 back with new one was extreme. n:D

Enjoy and happy camping!

grhertzy
04-06-2013, 01:04 PM
I got such a much better deal from Thompson Family RV in Davenport than anyone in Houston that it made it worthwhile.

Also, we have family in Waterloo and in K.C. so we made some family visits along the way.

antiqfreq
04-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Congrats on your new camper.

Our first tow (pick up RV experience) was about 10 miles from dealer
and then another 60 miles home after camping for a weekend.

That was some trip you made! Hope all went well and enjoy your
new camper!

Jo

grhertzy
04-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Thanks, yes it was quite a haul, but I got such a much better deal in Davenport than I could get here in the Houston area it made it very worthwhile, plus we have a daughter in Waterloo and a brother in K.C. so we were able to visit both on the return trip home.

I sure got some extensive towing experience in a hurry!

Jerry

Ronmc
04-07-2013, 08:08 AM
We ordered a 2014 Outback 316RL back in mid February. It just arrived Friday. We are picking it up on Wednesday. We loved the floor plan in this model. Hope you enjoy yours.

TAZ23
04-08-2013, 01:18 AM
:wlcm: and congrats on that new Outback. Enjoy it.:)

rbiro
01-09-2014, 10:02 AM
We just purchased a new Outback 316RL. Bought the unit in Davenport, IA and towed it from IA to Kingwood, TX (Houston area). 2200 miles round trip, half of it towing, so I got a lot of towing experience on the way home.

Heading to Galveston next weekend for the first camping weekend. Looking forward to it.

Just looking to buy this exact TT and 3/4 ton diesel.

How is the TT?

How is the 3/4 diesel? Wavering between a 3/4 and a 1T. I don't want to be at the limit of the 3/4 to tow; want to be comfortable towing it. Thoughts?