PDA

View Full Version : Passport 199ml Sewer Hose Storage

PJBurns
06-22-2010, 01:38 PM
When I picked up my new trailer yesterday, the dealer showed me where the sewer hose supposedly is to be stored. At my first night's campground, I unscrewed what I though was the entrance cover, but the tube inside is way too short to accommodate a sewer hose. In my last TT the hose went inside the rear bumper, but the 199mk does not have one. How have others solved this problem?

slider
06-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Depends how industrious you are - I have seen sites/pics where people fasten a length of vinyl fence post underneath their camper, make something for ends (door, bungee cord, bolt, etc) and store that way.

I have a bumper but don't want to store there so I am going to do something similar (maybe next week) and will post pics when I do.

Festus2
06-22-2010, 02:39 PM
I would think that there should be a space for storing sewer hoses in your rear bumper but if not can you put an extension on the tube? If it is similar to PVC sewer pipe, then you should be able to. If not, fashion one yourself out of similar piping and fasten it to the upper or lower side of your rear bumper.

PJBurns
06-23-2010, 01:44 AM
Than you both for the suggestions. I am thinking of doing something like Festus suggests. I picked up the trailer in KY, and immediately left on a two-month trip to the northwest, and until I get home to FL it will not be easy to make any permanent of semi-permanent arrangements--such as have a bumper installed. If they can do that. I see that there is a long, narrow storage compartment in the slideout. Perhaps I can find a tube of some sort at Home Depot.
Next, t figure out how the darn TV works. No pamphlet.

Terrydactile
06-23-2010, 03:23 AM
A ten foot sewer hose will collapse to two foot. I have a passport with the short storage tube on it. I just push the hose in and screw the cap on. the hose pushes against the cap but no problem. I even leave the adapter to hook it to the dump valve on it.

Heidaway
06-25-2010, 11:51 AM
You can always go to Home Depot/Lowes and pick up some of that 4" square plastic fencing, or even some 5" PVC, and two end caps. Find a way to bolt it under your trailer, and wham, instant storage. Be sure to drill some drain holes in the tube though.

PJBurns
07-05-2010, 07:50 AM
The 2010 199ML does not have a rear bumper, and installing one probably would not be an expeensive option. The factory-installed container for the sewer hose holds only a ten-footer--and at many campgrounds my 20' hose barely reaches. I went to a Camping World and purchased a 46-inch storage container for about 30 bucks. Realize I could have made my own, but I am on the road for two months. When I get home I will find a place underneath to fasten it. In the meantime, since it has to ride in my tow vehicle, I have to be sure to rinse and drain it well.
Rather than starting a new thread, let me ask you other 199ML owners a question on another topic. There does not seem to be any way to raise the pleated and solid shade on the window in the slide-out, yet the window itself has a screen and looks like it should open horizontally like the two small windows on the opposite side that regular venetian blinds . Shouldn't the curtain on the slide-out window have controls?
Thanks

floydsheating
07-05-2010, 10:06 PM
on my summerland 2520 i keep the 10 footer cheep "piece-O-plastic" that the dealer gave me in the back bumper, but i only use that as a backup the sewer hose that i actually use is a more expensive tough 20 footer with one of those sidewinder holders now what i did is i went to lowes and got me a 3in. diameter section of pipe about 3 feet long with 2 endcaps for it! this is a perfect solution as it is a sealed capsule that you can put in your tow vehicle or store it under your trailer and it wont stink up the place and if it ever gets dirty just take ye olde garden hose to it and its ready for the road! :D :D :D

Jim W
07-06-2010, 04:05 AM
Rather than starting a new thread, let me ask you other 199ML owners a question on another topic. There does not seem to be any way to raise the pleated and solid shade on the window in the slide-out, yet the window itself has a screen and looks like it should open horizontally like the two small windows on the opposite side that regular venetian blinds . Shouldn't the curtain on the slide-out window have controls?
Thanks
I am not a Passport owner, but I think this might be a day/night shade in your camper?
With my 5er I need to raise the night portion of the shade first, then you can raise the daylight portion. This is how we were instructed by our dealer to open this style of shade. Less stress on the shade and a lot easier to open. Hope this helps.
Jim

PJBurns
07-09-2010, 05:35 AM
JimW:
Thanks for trying to help, but no, the 199ML has a one-piece shade--solid sheet but pleated. There are three strings running down through it that suggest there is a "raise-lower" control cord somewhere--but there is not. At the bottom the shade attaches to a bar that appears to be permanently tied to screws into the wall. If I want any outside light, it looks to me as though I am going to have to replace the shade with a venetian type, though why the factory installed this one is beyond me. There is nothing in the Keystone Owner's Manual about it, which is not surprising because there is very little in the manual except generalities. Perhaps there was a separate manual specifically for the 199ML that I did not get? Took me a week to figure out the TV system because there is no manual for it. As for the slide-out, the Keystone manual says to see the separate manual about it--but I did not get one. These are all minor irritants, but they are irritants, especially when one is far from the dealer and traveling.

Jim W
07-09-2010, 05:43 AM
Here are two web sitws with information and manuals for you to review. Hope they help?
http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=66
http://www.keystonerv.com/ With this one click on the customer service header and then click on the video libbary. I have used them for general information.
Good Luck.
Jim

PJBurns
07-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Jim,
Thanks. I will run through those slide-out manuals to see if I can identify mine. I will never try to repair it myself, but what I want to know is how to retract it if electrically inoperable.
Paul

floydsheating
07-09-2010, 10:45 PM
when i got my trailer i only got a four page photocopied manual and it tells you how to do NOTHING!!! i am still not able to open about half the windows! and all my manul says is go to ------ which is something i will never see!:confused: