PDA

View Full Version : furnace issues in our Springdale.

Rick Phelps
04-02-2013, 06:41 AM
We have a problem. We just purchased our 2011 Springdale and love it. However, when I set the thermostat, the furnace kicks on but only blows cold air.

I have googled this, and seen something about a sail switch. I don't even know where the furnace is to see if the pilot light is lit. Does it light on its own, I assume?

I was diagnosed with Early On-Set Alzheimers three years ago at the age of 57, so I don't understand a lot of things anymore.

Try to explain any answers to me in laymans terms. We have propane so that's not the issue. We plan on using electric heaters anyway, but want to know why all were getting is cold air....

Thank you in advance....

SAABDOCTOR
04-02-2013, 08:34 AM
hi. My first question is does the stove work? if not then there is a problem with gas delivery. there is no pilot light. the furnace is electronicly lit. the sail switch could be the problem. but i do not know where your furnace is. as i do not know the layout of your camper. if you walk out side and look for a round "exhaust port" with some kind of mesh covering and the words "HOT" on it that would be the furnace. then go back in side and the should be an air intake to the furnace on the opposite side of the that exhaust duct. please make sure you turn the gas off when working on the unit to be safe. but i think may be you should find an rv tech to help you out. please be safe and good luck:)