PDA

View Full Version : What is this

mowin
04-01-2013, 05:13 PM
The white pex lines under the bathroom sink in a Hideout 38BHDS. Looks like some sort of vent???:confused:

RdRmr
04-01-2013, 05:18 PM
That looks like your atmospheric vacuum breaker for the black tank flush system. Make sure the inlet and outlet fittings are tight, they have been known to leak. Happy Campin......

mowin
04-01-2013, 06:11 PM
That looks like your atmospheric vacuum breaker for the black tank flush system. Make sure the inlet and outlet fittings are tight, they have been known to leak. Happy Campin......

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm relatively new to camping and TT's (2nd yr), but been around the block so to speak to know it was some sort of vent..

SteveC7010
04-01-2013, 06:44 PM

Search on vacuum breaker - we've had a lot of threads on this already - you'll want to understand them better because they are prone to failure. All the answers are in those threads. And they need to be winterized with the rest of the plumbing system.

mowin
04-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Search on vacuum breaker - we've had a lot of threads on this already - you'll want to understand them better because they are prone to failure. All the answers are in those threads. And they need to be winterized with the rest of the plumbing system.

HOLY CRAP:eek:...Pun intended...Not sure I want to use the black tank flush, and go with a wand down the toilet....

SteveC7010
04-01-2013, 07:09 PM
HOLY CRAP:eek:...Pun intended...Not sure I want to use the black tank flush, and go with a wand down the toilet....

If you'll read some of the previous threads, there are plenty of fixes for the problem. And, the black tank flush systems are pretty darned good at cleaning out the tank.