PDA

View Full Version : Campers are so nice!

aburns20
04-01-2013, 02:06 AM
Just thought that I would share a quick story from this past Friday, 3/30/13.
I was over at my 5er running the ginny for its monthly exercise and struck up a conversation with a couple from Pa.

Lauren and Barbara were a very nice couple that were staying at the campground where we store our trailer (Chespaeake Campground). They just happened to be out for a walk and we said "hello" and started talking. IMHO, I thought we had a very nice conversation and wanted to pass along how nice they were.

I did not get a chance to ask what RV they had (other than it was a 5er), but it doesn't really matter, it was just nice talking to them!

Lauren and Barbara, if you are on this site and read this, meeting you both was a very bright spot in a day that was quite busy and hectic, thank you for the short visit, you are the epitome of the term "Happy Campers"!

Bottom line, say "hello" to someone and you never know, they may become fast friends!

davidjsimons
04-01-2013, 03:01 AM
I'm new to the world of camping but for the most part I too have found your statement to be the case. Funny thing, in the world of boaters, power boaters and sail boaters are like oil and water. So what is it that I have not learned yet about the world of RVing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Badboy
04-01-2013, 03:19 AM
Camping people are the best you will ever find :)

Festus2
04-01-2013, 07:38 AM
davidjsimons -

In RVing, it matters not how you get from A to B - we all need a TV to get there. In boating, it seems to matter to some how you get to your destination. For example, to many sail boaters having to rely on a noisy engine is just not boating. It's neither pure or serene.

Having said that, in RVing what type of TV you have may be another matter but I'm definitely not going to go there. :eek:

I'll stop and chat with anyone I don't know - even Ram and Ford folks. :D

Have a nice day ;)

aburns20
04-01-2013, 08:41 AM
davidjsimons -

In RVing, it matters not how you get from A to B - we all need a TV to get there. In boating, it seems to matter to some how you get to your destination. On the other hand, to many sail boaters, having to rely on a noisy engine is just not boating. It's neither pure or serene.

Having said that, in RVing what type of TV you have may be another matter but I'm definitely not going to go there. :eek:

I'll stop and chat with anyone I don't know - even Ram and Ford folks. :D

Have a nice day ;)

Thanks Festus, guess I could say hello to you as well! :D

Dhuhn
04-01-2013, 09:07 AM
I have to agree RV people are fun, we only had a small truck camper with a popup before we bought our 5er. We meet so many nice people from big rigs to small, it just doesn't matter,we are all out enjoying ourselves. I think it is fun just seeing what others have getting ideas that you can do for your own rig"bouncey:"bouncey:"bouncey:

davidjsimons
04-01-2013, 09:43 AM
I was once told by a sail boater that power boats were for rednecks, I simply smiled and replied that there must be an awful lot of rich rednecks in this world.

fla-gypsy
04-01-2013, 10:44 AM
I think generally speaking this is absolutely true. At the same time campers or RV'ers if you prefer are just a microcosym of the population and some are not so pleasurable to converse with, some will totally avoid you. I have only met a few like that but they are out there. I always wave to and if in voice range speak to those who pass by the campsite. I have met some very nice and interesting folks along the way.

davidjsimons
04-01-2013, 12:20 PM
I think generally speaking this is absolutely true. At the same time campers or RV'ers if you prefer are just a microcosym of the population and some are not so pleasurable to converse with, some will totally avoid you. I have only met a few like that but they are out there. I always wave to and if in voice range speak to those who pass by the campsite. I have met some very nice and interesting folks along the way.

The very same is the case with boaters of both varieties. But believe me when I tell you that the tension does exist. Lol!