PDA

View Full Version : Buying new raptor tomorrow - anything specific to look for

Wilkod
03-29-2013, 03:42 AM
I am buying a 395lev tomorrow. I have the PDI checklist that's on this forum. I also went through two years of sorting out issues on the fifth wheel we are trading in...

Having said that are there any specific things or areas I should be paying close attention to? It's a 2013 model...

Thanks guys

C130
03-29-2013, 04:09 AM
I am buying a 395lev tomorrow. I have the PDI checklist that's on this forum. I also went through two years of sorting out issues on the fifth wheel we are trading in...

Having said that are there any specific things or areas I should be paying close attention to? It's a 2013 model...

Thanks guys

Congratulations, don't have any suggestions but it'll be exciting to pick it up I know. Where did you buy it, I'm in The Woodlands and just bought a "like new" 2011 Fuzion?

Wilkod
03-29-2013, 04:15 AM
Thanks. Yes I am pretty excited - kind of like a kid before Christmas. We live in Cypress and are buying from holiday world in Katy.

saltytuna1
03-29-2013, 08:45 AM
I'd recommend filling the fresh water, black & grey tanks completely to check for leaks. Also use all faucets to check for any issues. Hook up to city water and check operation. Get one of the little 110V receptacle fault testers and check all receptacles. Fire up ALL of the appliances and accessories. Check the Slide operation. These were items that I checked out extensively along with the normal PDI items.

Good luck and enjoy your new Raptor,
Steve

Wilkod
03-29-2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks Saltytuna. Will fill up the tanks. I have had some bad black water tank experiences so I need to make sure all of that is perfect. Thanks

curlyfungirl
03-29-2013, 04:50 PM

Thanks guys

Check the cabinets and countertops for scratches. We didn't and have since noticed A LOT of scratches in the Corian. We can't prove that we didn't do it so we are sol.

Wilkod
03-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Sounds like good advice. Will do that. Thanks!

Loriv247
03-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Congratulations!! We just got our Fuzion a couple weeks ago and love it! I guess we weren't paying as close attention during our PDI as we should have because we completely overlooked the fact that one of the front cap lights was missing a black metal gasket. Oops!! Also, make sure you check the ladder. Ours was bent and was very difficult to remove and replace. Fortunately they swapped it out for another. Have fun!!