PDA

View Full Version : Easy Set Remote not working

dmandlm
03-28-2013, 03:28 PM
I have a remote control system on my 2010 Montana fiver. Its called Easy Set Remote Control System, I think made by LCI industries. However, it has never been easy. The buttons on the remote are finicky and after about a year the remote would no longer move the slides or anything else even with fresh batteries. My dealer tells me the control box (black box with lots of wires in and out mounted on the storage wall above the battery) is bad, not the remote, but I don't have a lot of confidence in the diagnosis. I haven't had a lot of luck searching for technical details on this. Would like to know more before shelling out several hundred for a replacement. Any leads?

SteveC7010
03-28-2013, 05:54 PM
I have a remote control system on my 2010 Montana fiver. Its called Easy Set Remote Control System, I think made by LCI industries. However, it has never been easy. The buttons on the remote are finicky and after about a year the remote would no longer move the slides or anything else even with fresh batteries. My dealer tells me the control box (black box with lots of wires in and out mounted on the storage wall above the battery) is bad, not the remote, but I don't have a lot of confidence in the diagnosis. I haven't had a lot of luck searching for technical details on this. Would like to know more before shelling out several hundred for a replacement. Any leads?

All the docs on the remote systems are on Lippert's website in the Customer Service are under Electronics. If you recently replaced the battery in the remote, it may have to be synced up the main unit. Instructions for that are there.