PDA

View Full Version : Dressing up wheels

f6bits
03-28-2013, 05:39 AM
I have the white steel wheels, which I'd like to keep for reliability. I'm planning on using chrome lug nuts and would like to dress up the hubs.

Since I've not removed a wheel, what's the black cone and the rubber-looking center cap? I'd like to see if I can add a better looking center cap/cone.

SVichera
03-28-2013, 06:01 AM
The rubber looking cap is the dust cover for the EZ lube axles. If you replace the hubs, make sure you replace the hubs with ones that have an opening on the front, otherwise you will have to remove the wheel to lube the axles. I have the optional aluminum wheels and i have chrome wheel hubs that have a removable cap on the end. You may want to look into those types of hubs, or just hubcaps and cover the whole wheel.

trucker LOU
03-30-2013, 08:30 PM
F6bits, I dressed up the wheels on my 2010 Springdale using flea market find Ford ranger caps and beauty rings ----LOU---

TAZ23
03-31-2013, 12:47 AM
F6bits, I dressed up the wheels on my 2010 Springdale using flea market find Ford ranger caps and beauty rings ----LOU---
Thats a cool and cheap mod, I like it. The wheels look good and I think you have the only "Ford Springdale" I have ever heard of.:)

f6bits
03-31-2013, 05:30 AM
That came out nice! The Ford cap looks better than a similar one from eTrailer. Do you have a more wide-angle shot of that setup? I'd like to see how it looks from a distance.

trucker LOU
04-01-2013, 09:12 PM
f6bits, I can't get a distance pic where is parked. I hope to be crewing at some vintage sports car races on coming weekend. I will try & remember to take some wide view pics and post next week.-----LOU---

fla-gypsy
04-02-2013, 04:10 AM
Nice job trucker Lou.

muddynoll
04-02-2013, 11:24 AM
I did the same thing with the trim rings. For centers I bought some chrome hub covers at the dealer.They have a removeable chrome end cap to access the hub grease fitting.Looks good.Cheaper than aluminum Wheels.

luggage
10-24-2013, 06:37 PM
I am new to the forum. I've been camping in Jayco pull behind for about 7 years and this is my first fiver. I just purchased a Fifth Wheel 2002 model Mountaineer. It is in excellent condition but the year creates a problem finding parts. For example I just noticed the rubber cone shaped dust hub with the cap on the end for grease is split and needs replacing. Can't seem to find any thing like it on the planet. Can someone suggest a source other than Keystone. I am not locked in on the black rubber shaped cone but not sure where to go from here.

JRTJH
10-24-2013, 07:35 PM
Not sure if these are the correct size for your hub covers, but you can start here and look around for others:

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Excalibur/CCP-60C.html