PDA

View Full Version : DirectTV receiver and Dish Network dish, will it work?

cvizgo
03-27-2013, 05:38 PM
I have a friend who's getting rid of a Dish 1000 dish that he used with his Dish network when he was in his camper. He's recently upgraded to a self adjusting type of satellite. Would I be able to use my DirectTV receiver with a dish 1000 dish? Has anyone tried this before?

robo
03-28-2013, 03:15 AM
Working for direct before i can tell up that dtv and dish each have a bir tht are located at 110 and 119 degrees lattitude. Dtv also requires the bird at 101 to get program data.
So simply put no sorry for long drawn out response. Look on ebay or craigslist.org. Everyone has them on there house these days

SAD
03-28-2013, 04:03 AM
Working for direct before i can tell up that dtv and dish each have a bir tht are located at 110 and 119 degrees lattitude. Dtv also requires the bird at 101 to get program data.
So simply put no sorry for long drawn out response. Look on ebay or craigslist.org. Everyone has them on there house these days

Not entirely accurate.

Depending on what programming the consumer desires, you can get nearly all of your programming via the 101 satellite.

If you desire HD or your locals, you need a multi-LNB dish, but if you're OK with locals off the OTA antenna and SD channels, all CORE directv programming is available via the 101 using a simple 18" round dish.

robo
03-28-2013, 02:52 PM
The dual dishnetwork dish has 110 and 119. It is called dish 500 system if u can point it ya it will work