PDA

View Full Version : Fueling station on your Toy Hauler

wbatto
03-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Hello,
My wife and I just puchased a new 381 Fuzion. I won't be using the Hauler for any Toys that use gas. I ask the Dealer if I could use the fueling station for Diesel fuel for my tow vehicle. The dealer said they had never heard of anyone using it for that. My question is has anyone out there ever use their fueling station for this purpose.:confused:

KenBob
03-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Don't think it would be a problem. Diesel is less flammable than gasoline and should not affect the tank, pump, or nozzle. Mark the tank accordingly and make sure to not put diesel in the generator fuel tank.

On the other hand, if you will be using the generator regularly, you can use the fueling station for extra fuel for the gennie.

Drew Waller
03-28-2013, 04:28 AM
Someone on this forum is using the one tank for fuel I don't remember who it was.

Vidorcom
03-29-2013, 12:54 PM
My generator pulls fuel from that fuel tank. Don't think you would be able to.

Drew Waller
03-29-2013, 04:50 PM
The new toy hauler we just bought has 2 seperate tanks. The 3612 we had only had 1 tank to refuel the Toys with and run the generator.

rs1718
03-30-2013, 04:27 AM
Don't think you can do it. The filler neckis made for a gas pump nozzle,diesel nozzle will not fit. Also, mine had some gas in it when I bought it probably to ensure pump worked. IMO the risk is not worth it bad things happen when gasoline and diesel mix. If you ever wanted to sell it may affect your resale

Escs36
03-30-2013, 11:26 PM
ULSD reeks havoc on a lot things not designed for ULSD including older generation diesel fuel system components. I would assume the pump with plastic gears will not last long. Call the pump manufacturer first. The tank can easily be drained, it probably has a drain built in, and the filler neck should be able to be fabricated to accommodate the bigger diesel nozzles. Diesel is hardly the dirty nasty oily mess it used to be. I like your idea but would do some homework first.

wbatto
03-31-2013, 07:08 AM
I will contact the MFG of the pump before I try it. The gas issue worries me the most, because there is some gas in the tank right now due to the dealer checking the unit out for the walk-thru. I do think I could get the tank rinsed out. There are two tanks on my unit and the fueling nozzle would work becouse it is smaller than a diesel nozzle. If I try this I will repost and let you know the results. I am still not sold on the idea.

Thank for all your input(tx)

howdy
03-31-2013, 08:04 AM
I don't know if mine is the exception to the rule, but my pump is very slow. It would take forever to fill your auto/truck. It works fine for filling my quads and bikes because the tanks are so small.

Escs36
03-31-2013, 08:28 PM
The fuel nozzles at the stations would not fit into the hole on the coach. My pump is also retarded slow, but fills my dirt bikes just fine.