PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom shower hose

witekjm
06-20-2010, 10:22 AM
All, Why does Keystone attach the shower hose to the shower stall with a clip? Rinsing off is difficult as the shower head cannot stretch to the back of your neck. I could turn around but it moving around on the flimsy floor gives me worries about puncturing. Any thought? JW :confused:

Festus2
06-20-2010, 11:20 AM
If you are concerned about the shower floor giving way or cracking because of your weight and movement causing it to flex a bit, I would stop worrying and enjoy the hot shower! Unless the floor directly below the shower and the shower supports have rotted out and you are left standing on nothing but the plastic floor, I don't think you need to be concerned about puncturing or cracking it. Have not heard of or read any posts about the flimsiness and possible cracking of the shower floor.

hankpage
06-20-2010, 11:54 AM
The "clip" is to prevent the hose from swinging while traveling and rubbing on the walls. Disconnect the hose from the shower-head and slip it out of the clip and you will have plenty movement. As for the shower pan, they are much tougher than they feel. I am over 250lbs. :eek: and have no fear of breaking or cracking it. Enjoy your shower, Hank

witekjm
06-21-2010, 05:42 AM
All, Thanks for the replies. I'll try unhooking the hose from the clip on our nest trip.
As for the shower floor, I noticed a crease in the floor near the drain and was concerned. I'm not sure if my 8-year old jumped in that spot or something from below hit while traveling. Bottom of trailer has a cover. JW :)

campingcpl
06-21-2010, 12:41 PM
I took and clip a small section out of the clip off to one side so that way I can pull the hose loose and then put it back in the clip for when we travel. I've done this on the last 2 campers we have had. It works great for me.

Firecapt
06-21-2010, 06:27 PM
While you are at it, look for a washer with a small hole in it (flow restrictor), either where the hose connects to the shower head or where it connects to the faucet assembly. If you are not concerned about water usage or figure you can learn to regulate it yourself, remove the washer (flow restrictor) and you will get a much better shower.

Some people change to a different shower head trying to fix this, while the removal of the restrictor is all that is necessary. Try it and if you don't like the results, put it back!

You will find one of these in every faucet (kitchen, bathroom, outside shower). It is a way of saying you're an idiot and can't regulate your own water use (IMHO). I removed all of ours and we enjoy better flow at every faucet. The family has learned how to conserve water (when "dry camping") even with the restrictors removed.

Try it out! :D

vagroundhog
07-06-2010, 05:24 AM
If you are concerned about the shower floor giving way or cracking because of your weight and movement causing it to flex a bit, I would stop worrying and enjoy the hot shower! Unless the floor directly below the shower and the shower supports have rotted out and you are left standing on nothing but the plastic floor, I don't think you need to be concerned about puncturing or cracking it. Have not heard of or read any posts about the flimsiness and possible cracking of the shower floor.

The shower floor in my 2oo1 Four Winds Lite cracked in the corner. It seems the floor of the shower has NO support at all under the corner. It was a fairly easy repair with a fiberglass cloth and epoxie repair kit. Evidently not all tubs and showers are sufficiently supported from below.

floydsheating
07-08-2010, 02:28 AM
i have never felt the floor in the bathtub feel unsafe although i wish they would make the tub out of something other than plastic! :cool: