PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Sacramento, California

Heidaway
06-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Hello all,

Im a proud new owner of a 2004 Keystone Hornet Lite 21FL. Im new to the whole travel trailer/RV scene. I purchased this trailer approx a month ago. Its in amazing shape, as the owner apparently rarely, if ever, used it. The flooring, walls, counters, cabinets, toilet, shower, and appliances appear as if theyve never seen human contact. The exterior is in great shape except that it appears to have sat in the sun without a cover for the last 5-6 years. The caulking isnt in too great of shape (no leaks so far), and it needed new tires from sitting. Other than that, all is good. My wife and went out in it for the first time, 2 weeks ago, to Yosemite. Despite not having any hook-ups available, it was a million times better than tent camping. After spending the weekend in this, we'll NEVER go back to tent camping. I look forward to browsing the site, and learning as much as I can. I appreciate any input or advice those of you have to offer. Pics are in my gallery.

Flyguy
06-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the forum, make sure that you reseal all the places that the caulking is cracked or sooner than later you will have a leak, catch it now before it damages the trailer. Search this forum for threads on sealing and recaulking. Tires are another story, seems that they are always going bad, search the forum for info on what tire brands people are happy with and which ones to avoid.

Heidaway
06-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the advice, Ill look into it. Thats my biggest fear is having a leak. Especially one that I cant find or get to.

floydsheating
07-08-2010, 04:20 AM
if you have a free day and were a pretty good calker i would go over every seem inside and out especially around the tub inside and the windows outside! hope it helps!!!