PDA

View Full Version : 1 Picture is worth only two words!

SlowPoke
03-24-2013, 02:09 PM
:banghead:N O T H A P P Y ! ! !:mad:

:bm:

KJcachers
03-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Close up that slide! You're just asking for a leak!

raytronx
03-24-2013, 03:07 PM
brrrrr... that looks depressing. :eek:

SteveC7010
03-24-2013, 03:16 PM
That is not snow! But this is:

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_69500_0_680708a1d105b052c929620a27c3635f.jpg

davidjsimons
03-24-2013, 03:27 PM
I'm having nightmares about a white Easter!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SlowPoke
03-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Close up that slide! You're just asking for a leak!

Well, that'd be fine but I got caught off guard, and had planned to slide them in before it started...but it started alot earlier than it should have...

It's already stopped, and the temps are above freezing, so I should be able to slide them in tomorrow afternoon.... a lil snow never hurt anyone, but it's just irritating! I am leaving in 4 days for vacation and don't need it!

davidjsimons
03-24-2013, 03:36 PM
It's supposed to resume after midnight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TAZ23
03-24-2013, 03:44 PM
Yes. Brush off the snow and close your slides before it leaks. That snow is wet and heavy and will be pushing down on your slide roof. I dont know how much you are supposed to get but this is one storm that is going to miss us, and not many have in the last couple of months. We still have about 2 feet of it on the ground and a temp of 32 degrees so it will be here for a while.

SlowPoke
03-24-2013, 03:53 PM
It already stopped, supposed to get less than 1 in, and it's raining at 39 degrees, no worries, It'll be gone by midnight, then I'll put it in tomorrow evening after the rain stops.

I appreciate the concern though! It should certainly be OK as we expect no more than rain from here on out....if it starts again, I'll run out and slide 'em in... but at tis point I don't think I'll have to.

This is VA, where we say if ya don't like the weather, wait a minute....:rofl:
David...from what I see ya'll are above me on the rain/snow line...haha SORRY BUD!

Steve....That's not what I call snow either, that's what I call a good reason to move south! lol!

TAZ23
03-24-2013, 04:28 PM
SlowPoke, around here we would call what you got partly cloudy.:p Your unhappy with a inch of snow and we would consider ourselves fortunate to only get a inch.;) Its a lot worse about a hundred miles north of here in Houghton in Michigan's UP. They got more than 100 inches in January alone from lake Superior. And north of them in Kewenaw County they have gotten 253 inches through March 24th.:eek: So I guess its not so bad around here after all.:D

KJcachers
03-24-2013, 04:43 PM
Slowpoke, what part of Virginia? Warrenton here.

SlowPoke
03-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I shouldn't be angry...just seldom do we get snow around this time...we do, but just seldom. Last few years, we really haven't gotten much more than spits of snow, then it melts pretty soon. (Best kinda snow to have, unless you like skiing)

Most I ever remember was back in the late 70's at around 23"... so yeah, no complaints!

With that said, we do get ice quite often more than snow (this has been a weird year more snow, than ice and winds have been ridiculous last few years) and ice sucks....

So, yes, I'll take partly cloudy any time! (Still rather it be 95 degrees though!) One day I'll retire like some of you and head SOUTH! Permanently...(I don't mind the humidity!)

SlowPoke
03-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Slowpoke, what part of Virginia? Warrenton here.

Didn't see that last post before I submitted mine...lol

KJcachers, I'm in Colonial Heights, 20 miles south of Richmond, 1 mile north of Petersburg...CHeights gets split by I-95....

Warrenton is BEAUTIFUL country...We pass through there every visit to PA to see the DW's family...

kenn209
03-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Hello slowpoke from Newport News, My bedroom slide is out also, been trying to fix the bed... We got about a inch here and now it seems to be raining, Hope this goes away fast! A bunch of us VA Campers are going to Pocahontas state park in Chesterfield for Easter! Thinking I should go investigate for leaks!

KJcachers
03-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Time for you to get over to www.vacampers.com and join the fun! Many members from the Richmond area!

SlowPoke
03-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Howdy kenn209, done some cell tower work over your way a few years back...(got outta that line of work now) Pocahantas is where I used to ride my bike to to go fishin back at the ripe ole age of around 12... Love that place, since they revamped the campground, been thinking of pulling over there for a long weekend since it's still close enough for my DW to be able to go to work. She rarely gets the time off I do (She's gleering at me with those razor eyes right now...lol) Maybe we'll see ya there some time! It's only about 20 minutes from my house!

KJcachers, thanks for the tip...I'll have to check that one out!

kenn209
03-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Okay seems to be warming a little outside, Got out the ladder knocked off the slush and brought the slide in. Didn't want the wet stuff to freeze overnight, just in case. But it all seems to be melting, Fast!

Yeah Pop over this weekend if your in the area. And stop by the website. Pretty good group of people over there.

Badboy
03-25-2013, 03:11 AM
I do not leave my slides out at all when I have it just sitting at home,and if I am out there with them out I pull them in right away when I am done.
:cool:

Comptech
03-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Slowpoke,
Dont ya just love VA, almost 70 on Saturday and snow on Sunday... :banghead:
I de-winterized the 5er on Saturday and was worried about freezing on Sunday... good god!

Oh and why does your TT look like the front is sitting on the ground?

SAABDOCTOR
03-25-2013, 11:16 AM
WOW Steve you got me beat! but it is snowing again! went to put fuel in the tractor and i think i gave me the tire:D and when it cranked and started it sounded like sckkkkkkkkerw yyyyyyyyyyou! :eek: keep tellin yourself spring is comming spring is commin spring is:banghead: ok i feel better!

SlowPoke
03-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Slowpoke,
Dont ya just love VA, almost 70 on Saturday and snow on Sunday... :banghead:
I de-winterized the 5er on Saturday and was worried about freezing on Sunday... good god!

Oh and why does your TT look like the front is sitting on the ground?

I have a more than slightly unlevel backyard, so to level off the TT I have to drop it as far down as I have it...

SlowPoke
03-25-2013, 02:12 PM
I do not leave my slides out at all when I have it just sitting at home,and if I am out there with them out I pull them in right away when I am done.
:cool:

You're right, as so will I, but my parents came back from their "Snowbirding" in FL...and hadn't had a chance to see the new TT. So we were conversing in the house, after they took a look, and it started snowing (about 5 hrs earlier than forecasted ) I knew it wouldn't be much, and it NEVER got below 36 here where I call home in VA. The temps were actually going up as it snowed here, but just north of here was going down as it snowed...

It was a "Virginia based calculated risk" as I didn't want to deal with snow, knowing what was happening with the weather, I just hated that I just washed it, and the truck, it was 72 on Saturday and now it was snowing...wet, mixed with sleet and rain...but snowing nevertheless.
It just sucked is all....I wasn't ever worried about the TT leaking, Dad would've corrected me regardless if I had made a wrong call...he's been RV'ing for 50 yrs....

But after I finish getting everything done tonight, and loading up for our trip out Friday for a week, I'llclose 'em up and they'll stay that way ;)

cabinfever
03-25-2013, 03:05 PM
I understand what all are saying about leaving the slides in, especially in winter, and I plan on our slides being in at home unless we are in the TT. That being said, our local dealer leaves the slides out on the lot all the time. If it were so bad, why do they do it?

SlowPoke
03-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Agreed Cabinfever...My slides were out at the dealer from June 2012 til I bought it in Feb. He told me straight up, as I requested the info. Of course he's a salesman, and he TOLD me that it was OK that they are designed for long term "usage". I agree with him, however I would like to preserve the newness as long as possible, as warranty onky covers but SO much time. With that being said, I will be taking more precaution in the future to preserve the components of my purchase AS LONG AS I CAN!

Though, in normal rain/light snow etc...I've been informed by numerous oldtimers of the RV persuasion that they have never had issues with their slides, under no circumstances, unless there was a problem with the slide to BEGIN with. My lil feaux pas with this recent turn of events will only bring out any major/minor issues to more light so I can get them repaired before it's too late ;)

I gotta see the positive in things ...

To answer your question...(why I'm editing as I forgot to answer that after getting on my soap box ...lol)

The dealers leave them out to "show them" and not keep a battery hooked up to it all the time...Also, they don't want to wear out the slides while on display, with every customer asking "Can I see it open?" I see their point on the practice of leaving it out....

mikell
03-26-2013, 03:24 AM
I guess I'm missing whats wrong with the picture. looks like another spring day in Michigan to me.

As far as slides ours have been out for going on 4 years bring them in once a month weather permitting

I just went to the cafeteria for a juice and since I've been here the ground is covered and it's a lake effect WHITEOUT!! It's not funny anymore

iamrwnut
03-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Except for a couple of months in the middle of the year, Michigan is mostly uninhabitable. Beautiful state, just not sure why I have spent the majority of my life in a state where I am stuck inside for 6-7 months out of the year. Oh yeah, I live here due the DW's family. Don't like the cold after spending 13 years in much warmer places while in the Navy. I just tell myself it's only three months until summer. :)