PDA

View Full Version : Water Heater.....NO HOT WATER with Electric

Eddy
03-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Ok. Took the camper out this weekend. Filled fresh water tank. Got to campsite plugged in. 2 hours later. NO HOT WATER. No fuses blown everything working. Switched to propane got hot water. Need a little direction here. This is our TT and not too sure what to look for here. Thanks in advance.

GaryWT
03-23-2013, 08:20 PM
Some water heaters on the electric side have 2 switches that both need to be on, one is usually outside on the heater itself. If it is not that I am not sure where to go next.

Festus2
03-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Some units have a rocker switch located in the exterior access to the water heater. This switch is located in the bottom left-hand corner of the heater panel. The switch has 2 positions - ON and OFF - and may also have a cotter pin inserted into the bottom part of the switch. If the switch is OFF and there is a cotter pin inserted, remove the pin and turn it to ON. This switch controls 110v AC to the water heater.

The cotter pin prevents accidental turning on of the switch - and should be inserted when the tank is empty and the switch should be in the OFF position.

You can use both propane and electricity at the same time to heat your HW tank and this will provide you with hot water more quickly. The electrical component usually takes longer to heat than the propane.

Eddy
03-27-2013, 07:04 PM
thank you all for the replies. I'll checkout those tips when I get the camper next weekend.

Eddy