PDA

View Full Version : Long term storage

JackVR1
03-22-2013, 06:53 AM
Hi everyone

I am new to the forum and have a question that someone may be able to help with. I am storing my VR1 32 ft long for more than 1 year. My plan was to place jacks under the frame in four places, in front of and behind the wheel axles, lifting the tires of the ground by about 1/2 inch. Is this the best way. I could not find anything in the users manual. Thanks

geo
03-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Hi everyone

I am new to the forum and have a question that someone may be able to help with. I am storing my VR1 32 ft long for more than 1 year. My plan was to place jacks under the frame in four places, in front of and behind the wheel axles, lifting the tires of the ground by about 1/2 inch. Is this the best way. I could not find anything in the users manual. Thanks

I think there is something in the users manual, or is it in the Dexter Axle users manual (?), that suggests when storing an RV for a time period, doing exactly what you are planning. Besides lifting the tires, I would also suggest applying a protective coating of "tire black" or 303 and covering the tires to inhibit UV and ozone.

Ron

SAABDOCTOR
03-22-2013, 07:32 AM
x2 on the jacks and tires. when i store mine we putold sheets over the couch and chairs to protect the fabric from fading. we do not pull the shades down so they will not fade also. we leave the roff vent partly open for ventilation. sorry you have to store it for so long and not use it. hope all is well and you can go camping soon.:)