PDA

View Full Version : Heading out to the Oregon Coast!

dandjh1958
03-21-2013, 09:03 AM
It's been 11 weeks since my last camping trip and I almost went into the cold sweats!! Now my 11 year old grandson and I are heading over to the Newport area to spend some quality seafood eating time during his spring break. We are going to a glass blowing class and eating lots and lots of Moe's chowder. Also crabbing and some shore fishing might be on the list.
My husband can't come this time so it's just kiddo and me. I know I can pull and set up the TT by myself (did the popup all by myself for years) but the connecting might be a little more challenging. I'm sure my grandson will be a help there. He's a whizz at helping with spotting and setup too!
My grandson is excited because in the new TT, the dinette area bed is 100% his so we has lots of room to sprawl out and he can watch TV from his bed too!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and spring break next week!
Happy camping!!

Ken / Claudia
03-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Enjoy your trip. We like to stay at the state park at South Beach, off season only and have been about the only ones there.

raytronx
03-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Have a great time, love the Oregon Coast! It's our route home to Vancouver Island after snowbird season. Great to meander up the 101. Coming down last Nov. we had a great seafood feed in Newport and saw the Sea Lions on the docks.

Ray

warsw
03-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Sounds like you have planned a fun time. I love the Newport area. My favorite on the Oregon coast. Lots to do and some great places to eat.

warsw
03-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Enjoy your trip. We like to stay at the state park at South Beach, off season only and have been about the only ones there.Hi Ken, I noticed you live in Gladstone. I grew up in Gladstone and my parents lived there from 1954 to 2003. A great little town with a lot of good memories.

dandjh1958
03-28-2013, 08:17 AM
I just got back from Beverly Beach campground. It was great. Sunny but cold.
The only issue I had with the trailer was that since I didn't winterize it and we got a very cold spell back in February, the water valve on the toilet froze and cracked. No big deal, I just capped the water supply and ordered another valve while still at the campground. I arrived home today and the water valve was waiting for me in the mail (thank you Amazon!!)

Since I'm playing with the toilet, I will also modify it by adding a sprayer hose offshoot.

I'm pretty lucky nothing else broke but next winter, I'm going to winterize after we get done with our Christmas/New Year trip.... or maybe I should just camp until spring hits.
Now we are off to Florida for a week. Too bad we are flying and staying in a condo... I'd love to camp in the area
Happy camping to all!

Onthemove
03-28-2013, 07:11 PM
We stayed at Beverly Beach two weeks ago, that is a nice park, and we stayed 4 days there. Wife and I just got back from Washburne State Park and the weather was great, we stayed 5 days. We are planning on going back to Beverly Beach after Easter week end.