PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Entry Not Working

sgreene63
03-20-2013, 09:46 AM
My fob is no longer working the dead bolt on the main door. I have changed the batteries in the fob and still no luck. Any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mecfd67
03-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Did you try and re program the remote maybe it lost it some how

mhs4771
03-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Batteries in the Dead Bolt assembly it's self?? I know our RV Lock setup has, I think 2 Double A's in the door assembly, two screws on the inside to access the batteries.

mikell
03-21-2013, 04:25 AM
The Alpines have 2 electrical contacts between the door and the sill try cleaning them,

slewis1694
03-21-2013, 06:26 AM
Did you check the fuse in the fuse box? If it is like my Avalanche, you may have blown a fuse, which is in the #14 position.

sgreene63
03-21-2013, 09:17 AM
These are some good tips. I have replaced the battery in the fob. Thanks everyone!

billstuart
03-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Just dropped our 2012 Alpine off yesterday to get a few little items fixed before the warranty expires. One of the items is the keyless, which has never worked. The Service Advisor said they "never work." I told him that if it's just an exercise in futility to skip it, but he said they'd replace it. Ours didn't come with a key fob, just the pad next to the door, similar to the one on the driver's door of our truck.

sgreene63
03-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Mine only has the FOB and not the touch panel. Mine worked for the past 2 years but wasn't working when I brought it out of winter storage. I will let you know what it turnsbout to be. I am hoping it is the door sill contacts or blown fuse.

Mike Fender
03-31-2013, 08:15 PM
Have the 2102 Avalanche 343 RS. Our keyless entry lock kept locking itself a couple times locking me out of the rig, fortunately my wife had the second key. I haven't been able to find the sending unit either has the dealer (to change out the Nicad battery).
So... I just pulled the fuse. Just don't need it or want it. Now No worry.

slewis1694
04-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Mike,
I've got the same Avalanche model as you and have had the same problems and I came up with the same solution. Apparently this is a safety feature on the Avalanche. When your battery(s) get low, the door automatically locks. Good thing to have hide-a-keys.

howard
04-01-2013, 10:20 AM
We also have also have a 2012 Alpine and I finally got the keyless programed and working. I don't think the dealer wanted to take the time to do it. Keystone e-mailed me the directions and you will need them! Briefly, I removed the screen door, so as to keep the door contacts activated and closed the coach door. You then need to remove the trim ring and glass from the door to access the electric lock. It is immediately under the bottom portion of the trim ring. Each key fob needs to be programmed, so if you are doing 2, they need to be done at the same time. You have to be quick when progarmming. It reminds me of programming bluetooth, if you are too slow you have to start over.

I forgot to mention that if the coach battery goes dead, you will have to re-program the electric lock with the key fobs!