PDA

View Full Version : Camp Hosting

OldCountryBoy
03-20-2013, 09:37 AM
DW and I are headed out 1st week in April to camp host at Plymouth, a small Corp of Eng. site on the Columbia river in eastern Washington. Not the most spectacular site around, but nice. This is our first experience at hosting. We have always appreciated for many years, those that do, so we thought it was our turn. If you are passing thru, stop by for a night and say hello. "bouncey:

Festus2
03-20-2013, 09:52 AM
OldCountryBoy -
We've stayed at Charbonneau - Ice Harbor Dam - - a bit east of Plymouth on the Snake River. As you probably already know, it is a Corp campsite - one of our favorite spots to camp when we are in that area. It is a busy place in the summer and reservations are almost always needed. We've gone into and camped at Sacajawea State Park when we found the campground at Charbonneau full and found it to be quite a nice campground as well.
Does Plymouth have full hookups and are reservations required? How many sites are in the campground?

OldCountryBoy
03-20-2013, 10:25 AM
If memory serves, about half of the 32 sites are full hookup. All 32 have power, some 50 amp some 30 amp, water, tables and firepits. There is a dump station on site as well. Also has small laundary facility, restrooms and showers. Reservations are definetly needed for the weekends. During the week probably not so much. Season is April thru Oct.

dandjh1958
03-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Good deal! another camp ground to visit! I'll get this one on our list.
We'll get over there at some point this summer. Any good fishing around you? That's the only caveat my husband has to my camping all the time, there has to be some fishing around it so when he comes over, he can fish.
Hope you have a wonderful time hosting!!
Happy camping

dandjh1958
03-21-2013, 09:10 AM
duh... I just looked up the campground and you said you are on the Columbia river.... He can go kayak fishing all day long in several places.

Nice!

Ron
03-21-2013, 07:17 PM
We will be there the 18th of April to give you a hard time, gotta break you in right you know, just kidding......see ya then and have fun "bouncey:

kimanderson98642
03-29-2013, 08:08 AM
Made reservations for a few days starting April 16th for the first trip of the season. Looking forward to getting out. See ya then.