PDA

View Full Version : 2013 poor design

moose308
03-20-2013, 05:30 AM
Just picked up 2013 Laredo 294rk tt.I can not believe the stove hood vent does not exhaust air to the outside.

SteveC7010
03-20-2013, 06:09 AM
Just picked up 2013 Laredo 294rk tt.I can not believe the stove hood vent does not exhaust air to the outside.

We've been all over this a couple of months back:

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5883&highlight=stove+vent

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8806&highlight=stove+vent

There are more if you will use the search function: stove vent

ThePressureIsOn
03-20-2013, 07:56 AM
Granted, the stove should vent out the wall....nothing is perfect. As part of our sales agreement, we had a Fantastic Fan installed in the vent closest to the stove. It will pull a lot more air out of the TT than a stove fan can. You might consider this.

GaryWT
03-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Do not know what the big deal is, my last trailer it was vented outside but never turned it on. When I was told the new trailer was vented inside I never gave it a thought. My house is not vented outside and my previous house did not have anything over the stove. To me, camping is an outside sport so the cooking is done outside for the most part.

therink
03-20-2013, 02:41 PM
I also was shocked when I first brought my fiver home and realized there was no outside vent. It actually took me around an hour to confirm that the outside vent didnt exist. This is my 5th and most expensive rv and first with no outside range vent.
It hasnt been a problem since we rarely cook indoors. There have been a few times when weather was not condusive to ourside cooking when I wish I had outside vent. Cooking odors and steam are not good for the interior. I think I will eventualy dobthe mod and install the exterior duct.
Steve

TAZ23
03-21-2013, 02:21 AM
Previous TT had a outside vent. Current 2012 Outback does not. To me its not a deal breaker if I like the floor plan. We do most of our cooking outside when camping, either over the camp fire or if it is raining on the outside camp stove which is under the awning. If we wanted to be inside most of the time we would just stay home. I know others will disagree, but that is just my opinion.

jsmith948
03-21-2013, 03:12 AM
When we were younger, we slept in a tent (or in a sleeping bag under the stars), cooked on a camp stove fueled by "white gas", and used the bushes for our bathroom (hopefully there wasn't any poison oak). We have many fond memories of those days. Now, we like to sleep in a bed, stay dry when it rains, and we like the convenience of cooking and preparing our meals inside away from the insects and smoke from the campfire. I do not miss pumping the fuel tank on the old Coleman. We would never have purchased a trailer without a working stove vent. Just us...FWIW:)

Javi
03-21-2013, 03:30 AM
My Passport isn't vented outside either, had I known this I would not have purchased this trailer and I will not purchase one so equipped in the future...

We rarely cook inside but on those days were the inclement weather requires that we do, it becomes necessary to unhook the smoke alarm which hangs on the ceiling directly above the vent hood... Rocket science alert... Duh

KenBob
03-21-2013, 04:59 AM
Our Fuzion does not have the stove vent. Like one of the above posts, replaced the ceiling vent in the kitchen area with a remote controlled power fan. Works great! Would have replaced anyway as the vent is out of reach. Not too concerned that stove did not have a vent. Do not think the vent fan can even exhaust the "fumes" efficiently anyway. Some will say a little is better than nothing.

antiqfreq
03-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Our previous camper (not a keystone) that we camped in 5 years did not have a vent to the outside.

We cooked inside a lot and never a problem for us.

Previous home did not vent to the outside either, and no problem.

It is not a priority for me - but that's just me!

Jo

:yawn:

azlee56
03-21-2013, 09:46 AM
HA Jo, that is because someone there knows how to cook. I have to have a vent or the smoke alarm goes off!!