PDA

View Full Version : Issues on Maiden Voyage

5mary6
03-19-2013, 10:45 AM
When the dealership told me to make an appointment after our first trip and bring it in, I thought he has to be joking. My first trailer I hardly had any issues. So we set out for our maiden voyage and quickly started a list. Simple things like the bedroom door knob fell off and is broken, the doors are not aligned on the cabinets, one of the heater registeres is bent from the recliner, etc. When I got home, I was extending the bedroom slide and the slide went and the bed did not go after a loud bang. probably fell off the track or something. Owell, good thing I have no camping trips planned for a couple of months, right? Gives me time to get my 6 volt batteries because the two 12 volt ones I got with my 5er suck!!! Good option since we mostly dry camp anyways~!:banghead:

byrdr1
03-19-2013, 12:21 PM
When the dealership told me to make an appointment after our first trip and bring it in, I thought he has to be joking. My first trailer I hardly had any issues. So we set out for our maiden voyage and quickly started a list. Simple things like the bedroom door knob fell off and is broken, the doors are not aligned on the cabinets, one of the heater registeres is bent from the recliner, etc. When I got home, I was extending the bedroom slide and the slide went and the bed did not go after a loud bang. probably fell off the track or something. Owell, good thing I have no camping trips planned for a couple of months, right? Gives me time to get my 6 volt batteries because the two 12 volt ones I got with my 5er suck!!! Good option since we mostly dry camp anyways~!:banghead:
The bedroom slide broken and then fix it, is a common problem. It has been well researched and documented on here. I was a victim of it also.
There is another one on here with a similar problem but his slide goes over his heat vent in bedroom.
randy

5mary6
03-19-2013, 12:50 PM
I saw the thread about the heat vent..Poor layout but warm bed huh? Ok, I'll search for other threads about the bedroom slide. Hopefully it is a one time fix and I wont have to worry about it again, right????

antiqfreq
03-20-2013, 04:55 AM
Sorry to hear of the problems - but like you said, good thing no trips are in the works and you can get all items fixed and do the upgrades you want to do for your upcoming outings.

We too love to dry camp and getting all those mods ahead of time makes for great camping with no worries!

Jo

;)

Scratch
03-20-2013, 05:30 AM
Same BR slide problem here with our Cougar 327RES. In the shop now for repair before our next trip.

Fortunately, we had just that and a couple other issues on the maiden voyage. We love the floorplan, and we'll eventually work things out, but the Forest River Flagstaff we traded in was much-better built. In fact, the FR build quality is significantly better. Although we're not really Warren Buffet fans, we'll probably go back to a Forest River product in the future.

PerryB
03-20-2013, 02:12 PM
I had the same problem with a Holiday Rambler a few years ago. The bed frame was only attached to the slide out with a few screws through the head of the bed frame into the WALLBOARD! You gotta be kidding - was my thought. I re-attached it with more/bigger screws AND took 2 pieces of 2" angle aluminum 6-8" long and attached the bed frame to the floor of the slide, near the head where you don't see it and problem solved. The dealer needs to add a supplemental attachment along these lines or it will just fail again. The screws in the floor need to be kept short enough that they don't protrude out the bottom.

SkiSmuggs
03-22-2013, 06:21 AM
My DW grabbed the fascia at the top of the BR slider and it came off in her hand. It was only held on by thin staples so I had the dealer use the same type of screws the LR slider had. Keystone should have done that to begin with.

SAD
03-22-2013, 07:28 AM
My DW grabbed the fascia at the top of the BR slider...

Now you're just bragging. :eek:

SkiSmuggs
03-22-2013, 08:09 AM

"bouncey:"bouncey:"bouncey:

PerryB
03-23-2013, 06:43 AM
Now THATS funny!!:rofl: