PDA

View Full Version : Slide drags on seals

ODB 84 Shovel
06-14-2010, 01:48 PM
My 2006 250 Springdale's slide drags on the seals as it goes out or in. So bad so that it is pulling the seals off the opening. Last year I crawled under the couch on the slide and adjusted this and that, saw that it had some sort of wheels that was to hold up the slide as it moved, and reinforced the wood they were on with flat steel bars. But it still drags. The only reason I was looking at the slide was that I got a bad leak inside and it filled up the black undercover and insulation rotting the wood as well.

What can I do to fix or adjust?

I was thinking about using a couple of 12" rollers, like the ones on saw tables, under the slide inside the trailer so the rollers roll on the underside of the slide. My idea is to make some sort of "A" frame for the rollers with adjusters for height and leveling. Then bolt them to the floor and wall.

What do yo all think? Too complicated? Thanks in advance.

GBHRPS
06-14-2010, 06:44 PM
A four year old trailer shouldn't require the kind of fix you are considering. I'd be concerned that you'll do all of this work and foot the expense and find that the problem isn't any better.

I'd be inclined to get the trailer to a large dealership/repair facility, one that has most likely done enough slide repairs, to diagnose and properly repair your problem with the proper parts or adjustment.

Obviously the down side is the time that your unit will be tied up and the repair bill could be a lot of money, but the alternative could be even more damage and higher repair bills. Good Luck, whichever way you choose to go!