PDA

View Full Version : Water in battery storage box

TheSweetLife
03-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Yesterday I realized that I had about an inch of water in the battery storage box on the front of our TT. Was wondering if anyone had any input in regards to drilling a tiny hole or two on the bottom of the box to allow rain water to escape.

SteveC7010
03-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Yesterday I realized that I had about an inch of water in the battery storage box on the front of our TT. Was wondering if anyone had any input in regards to drilling a tiny hole or two on the bottom of the box to allow rain water to escape.

Any battery box with vent holes in the top will accumulate water while sitting on the A-frame of your trailer. I drilled all of mine before I put them on the A-frame for the first time.

Find a low point that won't be obstructed by whatever the battery box sits on and drill a 1/4" hole.

TheSweetLife
03-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Any battery box with vent holes in the top will accumulate water while sitting on the A-frame of your trailer. I drilled all of mine before I put them on the A-frame for the first time.

Find a low point that won't be obstructed by whatever the battery box sits on and drill a 1/4" hole.

Thank you very much. I thought it sounded like a good idea in my head but being new to camping wanted to confirm before drilling holes in boxes.

f6bits
03-15-2013, 01:10 PM
I was wondering about that. My last battery box had very little water in it. Must be my dry climate, so whatever water ends up in there evaporates faster than it can accumulate.

I'll drill if it gets to be a problem.