PDA

View Full Version : I am fed up with Camping World!!!! EEERRRRR!

LeeMedic
03-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Had an appointment with Camping World in Fort Myers, Florida today to have my water heater fixed. I have been going there for 3 years.

I arrived today and I am told they will not accept my Sprinter RV trailer because I have a "Hensley" hitch on it. I was told I had to removed the hitch, or pay them to remove it before they would work on my RV. (I have always brought the trailer with a Hensley hitch.)

We had another reason for being there. After the repairs were to be completed, we were going to trade the Sprinter and upgrade to a new 5th Wheel.

I even explained that to them and the Service manager said he did not care, they would not make the repairs as long as I had a Hensley hitch on the trailer.

We even offered to leave my truck attached to the trailer for them to move around, and still they refused.

I then went to our salesman going to sell us the new 5th Wheel, and told him we were done with this Camping World then we left. I will never set foot back in the building.

Now I got that off my shoulders I feel better. So sorry for venting!

SAABDOCTOR
03-15-2013, 09:50 AM
holy FLARP what a way to blow a sale. that service manager woke up on the wrong side of the p&l sheet! wonder where he will be working next? but glad you feel better after the vent!!:D

Cgjt
03-15-2013, 10:01 AM
What was the concern about the hitch? What were they worried about since they were working on the water heater?

f6bits
03-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Good for you! I'd let the sales manager know also. Heck, the general manager as well.

I was wondering how shops deal with Hensley hitches. It seems it's possible, but how do they drag it around? My local dealer uses forklifts fitted with the appropriate attachment on the forks.

LeeMedic
03-15-2013, 10:11 AM
What was the concern about the hitch? What were they worried about since they were working on the water heater?

The service manager says he was afraid of damaging it. What kind of professionals cannot deal with a Hensley hitch?

LeeMedic
03-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Good for you! I'd let the sales manager know also. Heck, the general manager as well.

I was wondering how shops deal with Hensley hitches. It seems it's possible, but how do they drag it around? My local dealer uses forklifts fitted with the appropriate attachment on the forks.

The General Manager was off today, but I plan on calling him tomorrow.

hankpage
03-15-2013, 10:13 AM
We both know that it really didn't do any good but ...... don't YOU feel better now that you have vented to folks that understand your frustration. When will these dealers learn that with out customers they have nothing but a lot of inventory sitting on the lot. :applause: Bravo, Hank

LeeMedic
03-15-2013, 10:15 AM

I immediately took it to "The RV Doctor" who was familiar with the Hensley hitch. I have also has service done at North Trail RV who has had no problem with it.

I have taken my trailers to this same Camping World for 3 years with a Hensley hitch, and for some reason today it is a problem?

cabinfever
03-15-2013, 11:07 AM
I know you don't wanna go back, but maybe a oppurtunity to save some big money on the 5er if they really want to keep a customer happy. Just because ya buy it there doesn't mean you need to use them for service. I would try and beat up the sales manager for a great price before going elsewhere.

azlee56
03-15-2013, 11:36 AM
At first I thought you said "I'm so fed up with camping...errrr" and thought, oh oh something broke on the RV one more time and it was the last straw. Then I saw Camping WORLD. lol

I'm glad someone said you could work this to your advantage if you take a breath but on the other hand if they don't try to appease you then I wouldn't want to work with them either!

SAABDOCTOR
03-15-2013, 12:19 PM
AZLEE I thought the same thing. never met anyone yet that was fed up with camping! lol I'm fed up with work:D lets go camping:party::applause::thewave: that should sum it up!!! ha ha

flybouy
03-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Just sent them an email that after being a Presidents Club member for many years they p.o.d me the last time. Long story but the tried to switch and bait me on a central vac. They have lost me for good as customer as the owners now obviously could care less about customer service or satisfaction. What a shame but I guess times change.

x96mnn
03-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Read on a campingworld forum that the CEO Marcus created a spot for customers to report issues such as this to a team that reports to him. Apparently he is having too many issues with CW locations that have non standard policies and cash grabs that are not supported by the company.

Bob Landry
03-15-2013, 02:24 PM
You are probably as well or better off anyway. I've read less than glowing reports about CW's service.

mhs4771
03-15-2013, 03:42 PM
I would make sure and send that info to Marcus, CCO of Camping World/Good Sam. There's a section on RV.net to post messages to him, and he keeps saying he want to hear about such problems. Might not do a thing, but you'll feel even better venting to the Boss.

Ron
03-15-2013, 05:26 PM
After purchasing our Montana from Camping World, then getting crappy service, we will never do business with them agian. As mentioned above, probably better off to go some where else where they actually think of the folks that help pay there wages. In my opinion, Campin World is way to big for there britches...

LeeMedic
03-15-2013, 05:31 PM
I would make sure and send that info to Marcus, CCO of Camping World/Good Sam. There's a section on RV.net to post messages to him, and he keeps saying he want to hear about such problems. Might not do a thing, but you'll feel even better venting to the Boss.

Thanks for the info. I just filed a complaint on their website and on RV.net.

Let's see if they get back to me now.

Ron
03-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Good for you Lee, keep pushing them for an ansewer, good stress relief "bouncey:, even makes me feel better :).......Sorry it had to happen in the first place :(

B&T
03-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Try making a friend request on facebook for "Marcus Anthony Lemonis" My DW made a comment on his page and he replied to her. If I were him, I would like to know when things were not going right.

chris199
03-16-2013, 12:06 AM
When I leave my TT with the Hensley hitch for service, I also leave the stinger. That way the dealer can replace their sting with mine and move the unit around.

Seems like the CW service manager is confused about who the customer is here.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

IdahoSRT10
03-16-2013, 06:13 AM
I have nothing but bad experiances at Camping World (@ Albuqerque + Boise locations)
Will never go back again!

Maybe some day they get the picture to treat people better.

Bluewater
03-16-2013, 09:13 AM
After being burned way too many times I will not return to CW period. Too many other dealers that will really help and deliver service and not the kind when a bull services a cow. Marcus never even replied to my emails.

LeeMedic
03-16-2013, 12:37 PM
When I leave my TT with the Hensley hitch for service, I also leave the stinger. That way the dealer can replace their sting with mine and move the unit around.

Seems like the CW service manager is confused about who the customer is here.

I evened offered to leave my truck attached to it! The answer was NO!

chris199
03-16-2013, 12:45 PM
I would definitely (and very professionally) let the ceo of good sam/camping world know. Just the facts....I suspect he will "fix" this. Unless you are leaving something out ....sounds ridiculous.

Javi
03-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Okay, I’ll be odd man out… I like Camping World and as far as I can see the problem isn’t with the company, it is with a specific service writer or service manager…. Sure dissatisfaction rolls up hill but if that’s your bag why stop with just CW surely there is someone else to blame higher up the food chain…
I’d make sure that the store’s GM, Marcus and especially the sales manager of that particular store knew of my surprise and dismay at being turned away because of a hitch (no matter how uncommon) issue.
I might even stop visiting that particular store if my concerns were unanswered, in my opinion you are entitled to at least a personal explanation by the store’s GM...
But I would not blame the entire company for the actions of one individual… I'd want to know if it was a company policy, my breath or just a guy having a really bad day... :D

concours
03-16-2013, 09:06 PM
send the GM of Camping World a picture of your new 5th wheel when you get it and tell them why you didn't buy it from Camping World that reallly sends the message home

Ruffus
03-17-2013, 02:49 AM
Man, with all the people on this blog that are mad at Camping World it makes me want to go shopping, that means I won't have to stand in line because me and Javi will be the only ones there.
:thewave::rofl:

cabinfever
03-17-2013, 06:25 AM
Camping world may be going through growing pains. I agree the bad service is more than likely a store by store issue. I think if everyone who likes having Camping World available would send a note to the CEO voicing concerns if the problems spread and or dont get resolved, CW may not exist in the not too distant future!

labs4life
03-17-2013, 06:25 AM
I tried to buy a trailer from a local CW. only 3 miles from my house. Salesman never called back after 3 calls on my part. I drove 95 miles to another CW location and bought a trailer. Very pleased with the deal as well as service. My furnace just quit and I called the local CW about repair and they said it could take 2-3 weeks to diagnose and repair.
Called my salesman at other CW, and he expressed how the other location was just not that hungry. (He was the sales manager there for a short time). I towed it back to Chattanooga from Woodstock, GA. They asked if I was going to wait to see if it was a simple fix and I said sure. Got lunch and waited 30 minutes extra and they said you are good to go.
All that said, I will not do business in Woodstock. I will let them fill propane tanks and such for convince but that is it! Each location is different and it is very evident if u go to more than one. Also very possible that a lot of them are just not managed very well.
The one in Chattanooga used to be Shipps RV and the son of the original owner still works there in service.

Love2camp
03-17-2013, 08:11 AM
I guess we've been lucky. Our local CW in Kissimmee has been great...sales and service. :)

JRTJH
03-17-2013, 09:17 AM
CW In Houghton Lake, MI has been on top of every issue that I've had. Their service department has been great at helping, even without an appointment. Sales, well they'er obviously out to make money, but what salesman working on commission isn't?

Like Javi said and I totally agree, I like CW, have had great experience with them in Las Vegas, Houghton Lake, Omaha and Indianapolis.

Sometimes (not saying it happened this time) people have a bad experience, leave PO'ed, get on the internet and slamdunk to feel better, never having said a word to the "problem store" and then when they cool down and go back, things haven't changed, so they are convinced the store is bad. If management knew of this problem, I'm betting something would have been done, either to fix the situation or to explain, in rational terms, why things are like they are. For all we know at this point, they may have had a number of problems with Hensley hitches, trying to move them around the lot (without the right equipment) and after paying to repair more than one, the GM made a new policy that the store won't touch a Hensley. If he doesn't know the impact it's having, his decision may seem feasible and a good one (on the outside). If he isn't aware of issues the policy is causing, why should he change it? It's saving him money in damaged hitches???

If this hitch situation hasn't been elevated to the store manager and to the CEO of CW, then nothing will change, why should it? Management thinks all the customers are happy. Until they know there's a problem, they can't fix what they don't know is happening.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so start squeaking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!