PDA

View Full Version : wet bolts

tdawg
03-14-2013, 01:40 PM
We have a 2013 Alpine hasn't been out of driveway yet. I went out to grease the wet bolts and 3 of the spring shackels won't take grease pulled zerk out it goes through there ok what do i need to do hammer or torch um any suggestions.

geo
03-14-2013, 02:56 PM
Tdawg -
Same on our Alpine. It's suggested that you jack up the RV to relieve pressure on the bolts before attempting to grease. This is also a great time to inject a little grease into the axle EZ-Grease bearing as you can spin the tire while injecting grease. I got a couple of 8 ton bottle jacks from Tractor Supply to lift the Alpine.

Ron

ktmracer
03-14-2013, 03:10 PM
there is a also a hyraulic ram attachment that can be used to free up grease packages. basically fill it with grease and then tap it with a hammer to push fresh grease through the bolt.

Likely problem is grease that has hardened in the bolt passge. Between that and then loosening the nut on the wet bolt I was able to quickly free up one bolt that wouldn't accept grease. loosening the bolt allows grease to flow through the bushing easier.

tdawg
03-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks guys i will give those ideas a try thats why i really enjoy this site.