PDA

View Full Version : Water Filtration [Re: badge4; Retreat 39FDEN]

KanTC
06-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Tom & Joann,

Hello, and welcome!

I'm not familiar with the Retreat, but maybe I can shed some light on the "extra water faucet" you mentioned, and possibly your water filtration system too.

Our previous 5th wheel (also a Keystone) had a Hydro-Life (brand) water filtration system.

It was not a full-system filtration, but instead, a direct line to only 1 specific hi-rise auxiliary faucet (on the right side) in the kitchen. The *filter* itself was a white screw-in cartridge, installed in place of a removable (screw-out) section of water line under our kitchen sink.

Here's an example (after market):
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/hydro-life-undercounter-filter-kit/16010

Our filter cartridge was NOT factory installed when we picked up the new 5th wheel, but the filter was included (tucked inside a kitchen drawer), the installation brochure was in our owner's packet, and the dealer explained the process when we did the PDI.

All that said - your filter may not have been factory installed, either... so, check under the kitchen sink for a removable section of water line, and a (filter support) bracket attached to the inside of the cabinet wall.

There's different brands, models & filter #'s, and I'll piggyback Festus2's comment... contact your dealer (or Keystone), they should be able to give you specific info.

As a side note: with our under-sink model, it was necessary to remove the filter (& replace with original water line section) before winterizing.

[Posted my reply to 'General Questions' should someone need this info later]

Hope this helps.

Terri (& Kevin)

badge4
06-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the reply. I do believe you are correct. Ironically enough the inline water filter leaked today due to the cross threading of the elbow going into the filter. My friend who fixed it for us and came across the bracket in question laying on the floor below the filter and lo and behold it appears there is no house filter but just one inline filter for that one spigot. Thanks for the advice.