PDA

View Full Version : TT Tires

Mac123
03-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Where is the best place to shop TT tires on line and I'd like someone with experience to recommend which tires I should consider for my 21Rbs (about 6300 lbs the way I've been loading it) Thank you.:)

davidjsimons
03-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Your best bet is most likely the Maxxis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BruLaz
03-14-2013, 06:55 AM
Cougar X-Lite 21RBS tire is a ST225/75R15D. Those tires are rated 2540# ea at max pressure 65psi. More than enough for the trailer.

If it were a single axle trailer, I would consider going up to Load Range E from D (but at 65psi), giving you another 2 effective plys for safety against pot holes and road debris. But for a double axle trailer, not sure ...

Maaxis makes this size (and others) and is reputed to be the best. Possibly as good as car/truck LT tires? Most trailer ST tires are garbage. Maaxis is sold at Discount Tire on the web. They are more expensive.

In that size you can also find Loadstar radials (EasternMarine), Power King Towmax (TireRack), Carlisle Radial Trail (Discount Tire) and Goodyear Marathons (many places).

fla-gypsy
03-14-2013, 07:01 AM
The Maxxis 8008 in that size I believe is rated at 2540 a tire and they are the best ST tires available for now. Link to Maxxis tire size/rating chart

http://www.maxxis.com/Industrial/Trailer/M8008-ST-Radial.aspx

BruLaz
03-14-2013, 07:23 AM
The Maxxis 8008 in that size I believe is rated at 2540 a tire and they are the best ST tires available for now. Link to Maxxis tire size/rating chart

http://www.maxxis.com/Industrial/Trailer/M8008-ST-Radial.aspx

Right, my bad, was looking at the smaller tire.

CWtheMan
03-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Keystone has equipped your trailer with tires that far exceed the minimum requirement. Equal replacements should be very easy to find on the internet. Of course you are wanting brand name suggestions and I’m sure you will get a lot of inputs from brand loyal members.

There are a lot of new tires being introduced to the USA market. Some are very suitable replacements for your particular tires. One of those options is the Contiental Vanco 225/70R15 LRD. It’s a European designed commercial truck tire rated at 2470# at 65 psi and has a 106 MPH speed rating. You can find them at Sears, Wal-Mart, tires-easy.com, simple tire.com and more.

The Goodyear Cargo G26 is available in the same size with the same specs.

CW

chuck&gail
03-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Just be sure you get agreement on tire AGE per DOT code before ordering on-line. There are a number of sites unloading really old tires (many YEARS old) as new. Personally I buy tires no more than 6 months old. Let the buyer beware.

Mac123
03-16-2013, 09:24 AM
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and ideas and info. You:) were very helpful.