PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Duralast battery?

RGRTim
03-13-2013, 05:38 AM
Looking for new battery and wondered if anyone had ever used Duralast. Has 800 CCA and 1000MCA which is a little higher than the interstate thats in unit now which has 600 CCA and 750 MCA.
Thanks in advance for your feedback?

SAABDOCTOR
03-13-2013, 10:34 AM
first off i sell interstate are they the best nope but they honor thy warrnaty.and i have had very good results. what makes a good battery is it's ability to not short cells over time. as the battery is used up sulfate deposits settel to the bottom of the battery if the case is small and there is less room to the bottom of the cell pltes then the battery will short and loose capasity faster.with out cutting one open you can't tell and the way the plates are formed. however if you are buying a low cost battery then that's what you get! i have many customers with a duralast battery and have not had anyone say anything bad so armed with that i wish you luck:D

RGRTim
03-13-2013, 10:55 AM
SAABDOCTOR
Thanks for the reply. Based on what I have been able to find here is Virginia, the prices of the two batteries are identical with only differences being name and CCA/MCA.

FireMech
03-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey SAABDOCTOR - is it true that Interstate and Die Hard batteries(from Sears) are made by the same manufacturer?

caleb's pop
03-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Hey SAABDOCTOR - is it true that Interstate and Die Hard batteries(from Sears) are made by the same manufacturer?

Yes , johnson controls is a huge battery company that makes i would say 80-90% of the batteries sold under several different private label brands, die hard, interstate,walmart everstart, and many parts house brand batteries.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

JRTJH
03-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Keep in mind, that the fact that Johnson Control manufactures almost all of the batteries made in the USA, does not mean that they are all identical. Different companies contract with Johnson Control to make their batteries and they specify the plate thickness, plate spacing, case wall thickness, plate material specifications, thickness, width, height, spacing to the bottom of the case, just to name a few. Batteries that are all made in the same facility are NOT all the same battery with different labels.

SAABDOCTOR
03-15-2013, 05:09 AM
YES IT IS TRUE! there ore only a hand full of battery manufactures so the only differance is the construction of the battery! same builder but different specs and compositions.:banghead: