PDA

View Full Version : Slide just ratchets/won't work

Firecapt
06-12-2010, 08:20 AM
When I press the slide-out button I hear the gears making a ratcheting noise but the slide doesn't work. It's currently in the "in" (retracted) position and the noise is heard when the button is pressed for in or out. I think it may have gone beyond its stops and the gears are no longer meshing.

Any ideas on how to get it back on "track" and then if there is an adjustment to the stops so this won't happen again?

66ken
06-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Get under the slide and loosen the lock nut against the large stop. You should then be able to loosen the stop with a pair of channel lock pliers. This should take the pressure off so the slide will open. If it works tighten the lock nut and you should be finished.

Firecapt
06-14-2010, 07:25 AM
66Ken,

Thanks, that worked like a charm!!:D It seems that if enough pressure is put on the stop when it closes it's enough to keep the motor from starting the forward motion. I readjusted the stop and hopefully it won't happen again.

Thanks again!

66ken
06-14-2010, 07:58 AM
You are welcome. I have had it happen twice, hope I got it fixed the last time.

kenn209
06-20-2010, 01:32 PM
ALright our bedroom slide started doing this at the dealer, He put the slide our manually. I assumed he adjusted it, It worked fine this weekend, got home to put out the slide and it justs ratchets. So do I need to put it out manually to adjust it?

kenn209
06-21-2010, 06:19 AM
Nevermid, put the slide out a few inches manually then it worked ok. Phew!!

Berg570FE
07-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Gotta love forums! Our living room slide wouldnt work this weekend. And boy was i upset. We get home, i do a quick search on this forum, and BAM!!!! Quick adjustment and Im a happy camper again!