PDA

View Full Version : Mattress

Eddy
03-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Well, we need a mattress and we don't want to pay a ton for it...Don't really want memory foam. i would like just a good old fashion coil mattress that's not 300-500 bucks and U.S. made. Did a search here but didn't come up with anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks

GaryWT
03-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Do you need a short one or standard? Our last trailer we tried a standard pillow top but it was just too much mattress so we bought a few different pads and it was fine. The new trailer had a better mattress but we still put the same pading on it, have not slept yey.

If you can go standard just check out Big Lots they usually have good deals. If you need a short one, it might cost some cash.

JRTJH
03-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Our Springdale mattress was horrible (My DW called it much worse) and we simply couldn't sleep at all without getting up feeling worse than when we went to bed. We bought the Camping World Eurotop coil mattress (60x75") It is about the same comfort level as the $1000 Sealy in the house. I'm not suggesting you buy it "sight unseen" but if you're looking for something in the #300 range that sleeps well, give it a look see.

Eddy
03-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Thx for the replies. We need a queen short, 60/75. Thinking of putting a regular queen standard on the bed. 60/80. Measured from 80" to wall and would have about 8" to squeeze by.

wincrasher
03-12-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm lovin the Trump pillowtop mattress that came with my Columbus. Not sure they are sold in stores, but it's a very nice mattress.

ktmracer
03-12-2013, 01:39 PM
the paramount that CW sells when on sale is a pretty decent mattress, on he firm side but worked well for us. We camp close to 90 days/year so we eventually upgaded from the paramount to a Leggett and Platt "airdream" air over coil spring mattress. Same one that is in our S&B high end sofa sleeper. We like it as well as our spendy S&B mattress, and the price is reasonable. For the air dream you want the queen XL, which is the same length as a RV "short queen"

JRTJH
03-12-2013, 03:22 PM
One thing to consider (may not be important to you) is access to the under bed storage area. Some mattresses are very heavy and it can be very difficult to raise them and store or arrange things in that space. Also, a larger mattress could hit shelving or cabinets and not allow access. Just check those things out first if you will still need to get into that storage area.

Eddy
03-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Well, we ended up picking up a inner spring mattress memory foam firm Tuesday. Very nice and the right price. Guy just bought a 34' Cougar with it installed. He ended up taking it out to get something more firmer. I'm happy and the wife is happy :)

Thanks again for all the replies.