Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > lunge motorsport's Profile > Albums
Click Here to Login

Camper and tow vehicle mods and upgrades
Things that make the trip better
Aluminum sheet metal deflector screwed and taped into place.
The duct extends nearly 3’ beyond the last register on the heat run.
Galley heat register, this is the end of the run.
Trailer Saver BD3
Bypass engine oil filter housing, bracket, and hoses...Ready for mounting and connections.
Oil filter housing, bracket, and fittings, pre mounting. The brass restrictor plug controls flow through the filter. I cant give an accurate number...
The oil return line to the valve cover from the bypass filter housing. Amsoil also sells a kit for this application. They provide brass plumbing...
Here is where I mounted the Amsoil 2 micron bypass oil filter. These are metric threaded rod couplings that I attached to the body mount bolts in...
Top of the factory oil filter housing on a Cummins. There was a 1/8'' plug here that I removed to provide supply oil to the bypass filter.
Newly installed computer fan that pulls .12 amps, the original fan was 1.2 amps. CFM from the new fan is less but still enough to vent the small room...
This is a wide view of the front compartment with two upper and lower vented battery boxes, each with 2 GC2 batteries, my custom power center, and my...
View looking down on the angle iron perimeter frame I fabricated in the front compartment. Frame carries both battery boxes each containing 2) 6v gc...
Digital thermostat keeps the temp more constant, less large temp swings. It was a nice day...
New 2nd battery box upper vent
Original battery box upper vent that had served 2 battery boxes on opposite ends of the compartment with spliced together vent tubing.
Pic shows newer Hella bumper lights rocker switch and inside battery monitor. Monitor indicates higher charge rate from improved converter during...
Old center equalizer hanger 
This thin piece of 3/16'' channel  supports 2) leaf springs at 50% of the spring load of each axle on each side of the...
Just before removal of undersized and poorly located leaf spring axles and electric dumb brakes. This is unsafe junk and unsuitable for a 10k lb...
Genny tray and locking bar completed. I designed to allow the unit to operate in place if necessary. Security brackets fold flat when unused.
Fitting up the new jacking extension 
2x2x1/4'' receiver tubing spans the frame and is welded to this receiver that is welded to the frame extension.
Jens schools on truck window
GMC lower dash showing the new dual USB port for Apple Car Play or Android, mini AV, and a HDMI. All connect to the Pioneer AVIC 8201 NEX GPS with...
GMC door sticker showing payload for a SRW 2500 HD 6.0 gas motor
GMC center dash view with Pioneer AVIC 8201, Tekonsha P3, console with upfitter switches and the dual USB, HDMI, AV jack which connect to the Pioneer...

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.