Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #11
michael

Baby Q

I picked up my Weber baby Q100 today with the large propane tank hose adapter. All thats left is the 20lbs propane tank, That will be thursdays trip.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #12
f6bits

Out of curiosity, why not use the gas quick-connect built into your trailer? That’s assuming it does have one.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #13
CincyGus

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Try useing a non stick aluminum foil over the grate, I use it over the open fire pit too.
I like the flavor of it being flame kissed and seared on the outside. Foil takes that away for me.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, why not use the gas quick-connect built into your trailer? Thatís assuming it does have one.
This can be done but you need to remove the regulator from the grill as the campers already have a regulator reducing it down by the propane tanks. Running it through a second regulator at the grill works for some people but at a much reduced heat and flame. There are a bunch of thread in different forums about this. Just google Weber Q through camper propane and you'll see plenty.

For me, I didn't want to take the grills regulator off and eliminate the ability to use the little 1 lb bottles. I leave it on and disconnect one of my two proane tanks on the camper and use that for grilling. Considering I used to get about 3-5 grill outting (depending on what I was cooking and for how long) out of a 1 lb bottle, that an average of about 80 grill events out of a 20 lber. I carry a spare 20 lber (3rd tank) if I'm going somewhere with no shore power and am running the frig, water heater, stove and heater (if its cold) off propane but thats a rare event.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
webslave

I'm one of those that converted their Q120 to run off the trailer's quick connect. Handier for me when grilling at the trailer to use my twin 30# LP tanks, but... I've also had the need / desire to use the Q120 away from the trailer, so, I put a female quick connect on the regulator. Now I can use just the hose to quick connect to the trailer, or, I can quick connect the regulator back on and use the LP cannister, dual use.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin

2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
Built in brake controller and exhaust brake
Tri Glide TrailAir Pinbox / B&W Companion Hitch
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #15
Jorme

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post
I like the flavor of it being flame kissed and seared on the outside. Foil takes that away for me.

This can be done but you need to remove the regulator from the grill as the campers already have a regulator reducing it down by the propane tanks. Running it through a second regulator at the grill works for some people but at a much reduced heat and flame. There are a bunch of thread in different forums about this. Just google Weber Q through camper propane and you'll see plenty.

For me, I didn't want to take the grills regulator off and eliminate the ability to use the little 1 lb bottles. I leave it on and disconnect one of my two proane tanks on the camper and use that for grilling. Considering I used to get about 3-5 grill outting (depending on what I was cooking and for how long) out of a 1 lb bottle, that an average of about 80 grill events out of a 20 lber. I carry a spare 20 lber (3rd tank) if I'm going somewhere with no shore power and am running the frig, water heater, stove and heater (if its cold) off propane but thats a rare event.
You only need to remove the bbq regulator if you are teeing off after the trailer reg. If you are teeing right off the trailer propane bottle, then you need to leave the bbq regulator on.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l..._1572720_n.jpg
Jorme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #16
CincyGus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorme View Post
You only need to remove the bbq regulator if you are teeing off after the trailer reg. If you are teeing right off the trailer propane bottle, then you need to leave the bbq regulator on.
Correct. Most trailers quick connects are Low Pressure (meaning after the trailer regulator). If you put a T valve in before the campers regulator, you leave the bbq regulator on.

Webslave as the best idea and what I will likely end up doing at some point. Keeps the ability to run off a 1 lb if I want to hall it to the daughter softball double header but makes it easy to hook to tha campers Quick Connect also.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #17
michael

Baby Q

I bought the Q100 and the 20lbs propain tank, its small enuf to be portable and with more then enuf propain, If we take it with to the beach the kids and grandkids will beable to cook everything on the little grill, And the more i use it the lighter the tank gets and the bigger i get

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote