Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-25-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
jq1031
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Venice, FL
Posts: 484
30 AMP (or 50) at home!

Living in Southwest Florida air conditioning is a must, house, car, RV. Upon returning from a trip most of us like to get the motor home, 5er, TT in the driveway for a clean out. We returned after 6 weeks at the end of July, the temp & humidity was sharing real high numbers & giving our Laredo a good cleaning & clean out, even using the genset that kept tripping was frustrating . I called a electrican to install a 30 AMP plug in my garage under the breaker box so when these hot situations arrise I can plug in & cool the RV. It cost me $95 & today I got my moneys worth as I brought it home, cleaned the whole inside while watching the Bills beat the Pats & drinking a few buds in the complete comfort of my air conditioned RV.....GO BILLS !!
__________________

__________________
Joe & Carolyn, Venice, FL.
2011 Laredo TT 297RL
2011 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 HD 4X4, Duramax Diesel/Allison Transmission, 3.73 Gears, Reese WD with two sway bars. Dometic 3000KW Generator.
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #2
wozzukes
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 61
We just finished trenching a 30amp line to our 5ver parked in our side yard. We are due with baby #2 in December so we have lost our "guest" bedroom in preparation and decided to dub the 5ver the "in-law" suite. They visited this past weekend and stayed in there with the a/c running and it worked out great. It also beats having an extension cord run across the yard that has to be moved every time you mow. We can already run a hose over there for water, but the sewer clean out is on the complete opposite side of the yard (about 200' or so away) with no way to get the trailer over there to dump, so we're still trying to figure out what to do about that one. We just told them to come in the house for any potty needs, which wouldn't have been a huge issue had we not had monsoon-like rains all day/night on Friday!
__________________

__________________
2011 Springdale 284FWBHSSR
wozzukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team
 
hankpage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Venice, FL
Posts: 4,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by wozzukes View Post
We just finished trenching a 30amp line to our 5ver parked in our side yard. We are due with baby #2 in December so we have lost our "guest" bedroom in preparation and decided to dub the 5ver the "in-law" suite. They visited this past weekend and stayed in there with the a/c running and it worked out great. It also beats having an extension cord run across the yard that has to be moved every time you mow. We can already run a hose over there for water, but the sewer clean out is on the complete opposite side of the yard (about 200' or so away) with no way to get the trailer over there to dump, so we're still trying to figure out what to do about that one. We just told them to come in the house for any potty needs, which wouldn't have been a huge issue had we not had monsoon-like rains all day/night on Friday!
I have the same problem and have been thinking about something similar to this http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...pump-kit/26125 Most have a limit to the distance they will pump.
__________________
Hank & Lynn
2007 Cougar 290RKS, E-Z Flex, 16" XPS RIBs
2004.5 Dodge 2500 QC, LB, 5.9HO, WestTach gauges, Ride-Rite
'07 Cougar Mods
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
smiller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Full-timing
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
I have the same problem and have been thinking about something similar to this http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...pump-kit/26125 Most have a limit to the distance they will pump.
I've seen mention of use out to 100' with no problem (as long as there is no great rise in elevation.) Not sure about 200' though, that seems to be getting up there.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
jq1031
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Venice, FL
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
I have the same problem and have been thinking about something similar to this http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...pump-kit/26125 Most have a limit to the distance they will pump.
Hank, I purchased the TANK BUDDY made by Sanicon. I had the box mount Sanicon installed in my motor home & used it for years without a problem. I purchased the Tank Buddy online, no tax, free shipping. I power it with a battery jump box, used it today (test, in the home sewer clean out), easy & worked like a charm at 30ft with the extention hose. Joe
__________________
Joe & Carolyn, Venice, FL.
2011 Laredo TT 297RL
2011 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 HD 4X4, Duramax Diesel/Allison Transmission, 3.73 Gears, Reese WD with two sway bars. Dometic 3000KW Generator.
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
wozzukes
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 61
I have been researching some macerator pumps, but all of them I have looked at say they pump "up to" 100'. I haven't measured the distance, so maybe it's not quite 200', but it is definitely over 100'. It would be a fairly flat run for most of the distance, with a downward slope as it got closer to the clean out. I just don't want to invest that kind of money to find that it doesn't pump the distance we need. We would love to park it on that side of the yard, but there's a creek, low power lines (coming in to our house) and some trees that make it just not possible. For the amount of time we have someone staying in it at the house it's just not worth it at this point.
__________________
2011 Springdale 284FWBHSSR
wozzukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #7
cumminsdad08
Senior Member
 
cumminsdad08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Lebanon PA
Posts: 350
why couldn't you just use a one of the portable dump tanks, and pull it with a mower or something similar? i don't know much about house hold sewer, i just pull the leaver and drop the seat, so sorry if this is a dumb answer.
__________________
2006 Springdale 295bh TT
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel TV(Babe, the Blue Ox), tuned, cold air, high ram, open pipes, 6 spd., 3 inch lift, running on 35's and lovin' it
Me-26, Wife-26, Boy-4, Girl-2
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
CarKath
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Interlake , Manitoba
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by jq1031 View Post
Living in Southwest Florida air conditioning is a must, house, car, RV. Upon returning from a trip most of us like to get the motor home, 5er, TT in the driveway for a clean out. We returned after 6 weeks at the end of July, the temp & humidity was sharing real high numbers & giving our Laredo a good cleaning & clean out, even using the genset that kept tripping was frustrating . I called a electrican to install a 30 AMP plug in my garage under the breaker box so when these hot situations arrise I can plug in & cool the RV. It cost me $95 & today I got my moneys worth as I brought it home, cleaned the whole inside while watching the Bills beat the Pats & drinking a few buds in the complete comfort of my air conditioned RV.....GO BILLS !!
I was pondering doing the same thing. Just seemed like a good idea to have a 30 amp plug on the garage. It may cost me a few bucks as I will need to trench new line and upgrade amps out to garage.
__________________

__________________
2011 Chevy 3500 crewcab LTZ 6.6L DRW
2011 Apline 3450RL
Carl and Kathie
Dog : Tucker
Cats: Beaudie and Jangles
CarKath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This forum is owned and operated by Social Knowledge, LLC. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company and is not affiliated with the Keystone RV Company or its related companies in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.