Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #71
jsmith948

Boomtown

Recently stayed one night at the KOA in Boomtown (Reno area) NV.
Nice park. Clean, paved sites with tables and grassy areas between sites.
Full hook ups. Our site was a little unlevel. Pretty quiet except for the occasional train. Was a good overnite stop for $48.57 for a pull-thru. The DIL and Grandkids liked the pool.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
Old 07-30-2013, 01:37 AM   #72
dave-g

Just stayed a LURAY KOA this place is beautiful! From what I'm told the park has been there a while but is new the koa- I would call this a flag ship park. The bath rooms were large and clean and smelled good. The laundry was of average size.

I stayed a a patio site- ( they up graded or free because it was available) Great gravel level spot with a 10x30 concrete patio- with a nice round glass table with 4 chairs that had cushions. A few steps off the patio was a 8x8 paver patio with 2 Adirondack chairs and a fire pit - also made from pavers. This fire pit over looked a grass field at the center of the camp ground. this grass field is massive, and all the rv park along the edge of the field length wise, NOT backed in-

Other sites were also large and private-

This is such a class place even the sewer cap for hook up was hinged with a foot pedal that had a thick rubber gasket on the bottom.

ON Friday nights they make pizza in a big brick oven.

I was so pleased with the place I forgot to mention how great the staff was.

If all KOA's were like this they would be #1 in camp grounds.

KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
Old 07-30-2013, 02:11 AM   #73
crash

Great to hear.We were thinking about going there in a few weeks.Can you post more pics?
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
Old 07-30-2013, 02:13 AM   #74
crash

That was the Luray Virginia Koa right?
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
Old 07-31-2013, 04:18 AM   #75
dave-g

Yes Luray VA-

Sorry I have no more pictures.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
Old 08-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #76
Kenworth

Hocking Hills KOA

Just got here yesterday, seems nice. Level parking, but the rest of the area is hilly...no liquor for me with that. Very clean, well maintained. Kinda pricey, but ya can't take it with ya...
Old 08-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #77
FlyingBelle

South Bend/Elkart KOA in Granger, IN - 2

I would have rated it a 3, until I read the rest of the posts and saw how nice some of the other KOAs are!

This was our first KOA stay. We had a pull-through full hookup with Cable. The owner was great about leading us to the site and helping hubby align for our slideouts. Couldn't get the cable to work at all (during the Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Finals!!), but could get a good number of over-the-air stations.

The site was small, compared to what I'm used to. The firepit was located directly under our awning, so we couldn't have a campfire unless we retracted the awning, and the site on the other side of us had their firepit right up against our camper! (They didn't have a fire either)

The full hookups for the site on the other side of us were so close to us I had to watch my kids like a hawk - they were very interested in the hoses and stuff (ew!)

We were told by the owner if we had booked earlier we could have gotten one of the "nicer" sites. He pointed to the ones across the road, which looked identical to ours.

The "heated" pool was cold, and the sidewalk leading to it was all busted up. They showed movies, but they were odd, obscure films from the 70's (and not kid-friendly). there was a "petting zoo" which consisted of a donkey and 2 goats - one of which was missing a leg because a dog had gotten in several years ago (freaked my daughter out). We found the mini-golf on the 3rd day, you had to walk through a field of weeks, and on to a cement patio - which had markings of "no diving".

It's located in a suburban neighborhood, so you can walk to an Italian place and Dairy Queen and other typical places. It was about a 40 minute drive to Amish Acres.

Overall the owners were nice, although a little hostile when I gave them an average rating on the KOA website. The sites were clean, though small. And there is a train nearby that you can clearly hear throughout the night.

I wouldn't stay here again to vacation. But it seemed most folks were just passing-through to their next location and only stayed one night.
2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV
Disney Obsessed!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #78
kmc58

Mt Pleasant/Charleston SC KOA

Stayed this past weekend at this KOA. Very nice and large pull thru spaces for our Keystone Fuzion 395. We are empty nesters but it is very kid friendly with a nice pool, playground, wagon rides through the 355 acre plantation, nice lake. Near historic Charleston and the USS Yorktown. The rate was 40 a night but we were given a night free since we are frequent KOA customers. The only bad thing about this campground was that our neighbors wouldn't clean up after their poodle.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #79
Bigsky3625

West Glacier KOA

Took a trip to Banff and then down to West Glacier KOA. Nice spot. Off the main road in the woods. All big rig sites are pull thrus. Would stay again. Clean. Very quiet.
One Wife

Old 09-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #80
Bigsky3625

Missoula KOA

On our way back to the Redmond area from West Glacier we stopped for a night at the Missoula KOA. What a surprise.

Middle of town. Trailer parks on two sides. School bus barn on the south side.

Not what we expected. Way to pricey and too noisy.

Glad it was OK only for one night. Won't go again. Would rather drive another 4 hours to Blackwell Island.

One Wife

Closed Thread