You win - Jersey IS more broke than PA. By about $4.35

Tekonsha Prodigy playing the role of brake control
The Sod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:38 AM   #12
jq1031

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sod Father View Post
Gettysburg is a very cool destination. BTW - as a lifelong Pennsylvania resident, I will caution you on two things as you drive through our lovely commonwealth - pot holes and hills. The state is nearly broke, so potholes are not getting filled as well and as frequently as they should. We are talking bone jarring, tire eating canyons. Use caution.

The hills will give your truck a run for the money, but it should be fairly effortless for the Duramax/Allison combo. Just know you may end up being stuck behind some doofus slowing down traffic towing a 35' TT with a gas powered Expedition.

Finally, if you need to fuel up, try to do so in NJ. Fuel is usually about 5-10 cents less in the Garden State.
You are absolutely right about the pot holes as I spent part of yesterday jockeying around them. The hills are no problem & the countryside makes for a great travel experience. Growing up in the Buffalo area I spent alot of time in Penna, as I went to Gannon College in Erie and experienced much of this beautiful state over the past 50 years.

jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:51 AM   #13
wozzukes

Ditto on the PA potholes. The worst we've come across is the ramp going from 81S to 309S south of the Hazelton area. Talk about being tossed around, and there's no way of avoiding them! I wouldn't be surprised if the earth just opened up and swallowed that ramp one of these days!

Good luck on your journey. The one and only time I've been to Maine the worst part of the trip was through CT. The traffic was AWFUL. Maine was beautiful though, and we would love to go back, as we were only there for a few days for a wedding and didn't get to see/do a whole lot. Enjoy the trip!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #14
jq1031

Smile

Arrived in Bar Harbor, ME. this afternoon, here through the 4th of July. So far the trip has been alot of fun, stopping in Cape Cod for a week after a few days in Gettysburg. The diesel prices are around $4 a gallon along the east coast, take or give 10 or 20 cents a gallon depending on the state. The GMC Sierra & the Laredo TT have performed without a flaw. After almost buying a Jayco product I'm extremely pleased with my Keystone Laredo, after the initial bugs, nothing is malfunctioning, nothing!. After the 4th on to the Jersey shore.
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #15
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jq1031 View Post
After the 4th on to the Jersey shore.

Glad your having a great trip ..... I'll keep the lights on.

'07 Cougar Mods
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote