Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2011, 03:52 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

WGB1 Your assessment of smoking is a prime example of the "me generation" in its early years. Even today, people complain that their "rights" are being violated because they can't smoke indoors in public facilities. "THEY" are being deprived of their "RIGHTS". (No matter that the majority find it offensive) On to campgrounds, "THEY" move in and "TAKE OVER" the peace and tranquility, set up their "CITY" of lights and sounds that offend just as much (if not more) than the smoke. And, sadly, many of them think they have the "right" to do what they please, after all, they paid for the site and they "own" it, even if it is right next door to some of the most beautiful things nature has to offer, it doesn't matter, their lights and sounds are "necessary" for their enjoyment of the tranquility nature has to offer. As for their children standing outside the camper screaming that mom won't let them in..... Can't really blame the children, but as for the "parents" (if you can call them that)... Hmmmmm I'd get arrested if I said what I'm thinking..... <sigh>

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:53 AM   #12
hankaye

WGB1, Howdy;

I do Not hang fish lights from my awning, nor do I 'get-off' on the 'airport look' or loud music or bonfires. Quite the contrary. If you assumed that I did because of my expressed opinion then ...well you know what they say about assuming...

Any comments I made about the option of moving apply to ME. I know that if the "neighbors" that move in bother ME then I have the option to move. Wether or not I exercise that option is up to ME.

The behavior of others is something I do not attempt to modify. Yea, I can be a judgemental S-O-B. Often I am. I just keep those judgements to myself. Unless someone asks me what I think... ok, THEY asked for it..... they'll get it!

If I deciede to leave a campground early, generally the staff at the office will ask 'Why?" I'll tell'em. And I'll use the site #'s.
If the Management realizes that they will be loosing future revenue they may, deciede to do something about the 'problem children' that our generation has spawned.

This is MY opinion, if you choose to agree with it ... fine.
If you choose to dissagree that is also fine.

Don't try to read more into it than is already there.

I'm done now.....

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. 08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:31 AM   #13
campingcpl

What it really comes down to is respecting others be it their privacy, space, etc.. In the case of moving to a different spot, that wasn't going to be possible seeing how the campgrounds were full. We made our resevations for this campgrounds back in December and even then there was only about a dozen sites still available out of almost 300 sites. I was always raised to treat people the way you would want to be treated so I respect other peoples privacy, space, etc. but the problem is like wgb1 said it's all about "me". And that is the way the majority of people think now days but they will be the first to complain if someone doesn't respect their privacy, space, etc..

JRTJH,
You are right we didn't and couldn't blame the kids for the screaming but we could blame the parents for not being responsable enough to take care of their own children. So we know how you feel when you say.."Can't really blame the children, but as for the "parents" (if you can call them that)... Hmmmmm I'd get arrested if I said what I'm thinking..... <sigh>".

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #14
mikell

Our campground was basically a homeless camp till we picked it up and cleaned them out. Still we have people come in and say they are going to camp right there because they can get over the 6 foot fence easy to visit their cousin down the block. We have turned down more people wanting to move in for the summer than we've rented to. Can't seem to understand if your going to live in a camper full time it needs plumbing because the bathrooms in the campground part are for CAMPERS!! Don't get me started
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #15
wgb1

Hankaye,

I wasn't referring to your post where you referenced moving to another site. I apologize if my post gave you that impression. It was just a general statement about how many folks do look at situations like that.

We live in a society filled with the "me" generation and I just don't really see it getting better in the future. The neighborly unity and closeness is gone for the most part. Thats not to say it dosen't exist, its just much more rare these days

2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado
wgb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #16
hankaye

wgb1, Howdy;

Sorry, was not my intent to make you or anyone else feel guilty about anything.

I was merely stating my opinion. A88holes will showup everywhere. It's all a matter of tolerance. Mine is moderate.

I do not feel as if I am 'Camping'. I live in my RV 24/7/365. It is my HOME.
Sorta like an Efficency apartment with seperate bed & bath. My mobile condo if you will.

My attitudes will and are different than yours. As are my concerns about the manor in which the 'Campground' or Park in which I find myself 'Living' are being managed or mismanaged.

I done now...
Returning ya'll to your normal programming......

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. 08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #17
mikell

We spent every weekend for a couple of years at a private campground that was SOOOO quiet we got ruined. THEN they let a guy move in about 40 feet away that couldn't sleep without all his outside lights on like at home. We asked him to shut them off and he refused then he started leaving them on when he was gone during the week first week I complained but nothing the third week when we went out on a Wednesday night and had the place to ourselves except for his lights so I removed the covers and pulled the bulbs and put in ones that I shook till the wires broke. It was nice till he blew up about I had done something to his light. A week later we pulled in on a friday night to find our power had been unplugged and another new neighbor plugged theirs in and locked it. The next weekend we were gone. I pulled the 200' of wire and the box I had paid for to have a quiet spot and left. I still have their plug
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #18
Me.Bikes.Dogs

Some how, some way, people have lost their respect for others. It's evident in these stories and many other daily experiences. It's me, me, me.

Thankfully there are still respectful campers out there. Just getting fewer and farther between.

2004 Harley Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide (for fun), 1 dog (great company)

Me.Bikes.Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote