Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #11
Festus2
Site Team

Ouch !

That would be heart-breaking - especially on a brand new unit! Hopefully, it will be your first and last encounter with low branches.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:39 PM   #12
Alpinecummin

I was pulling our 2003 Jayco Designer out of the back yard with the cover still on the camper. The gate was 10 foot across allowing me to pull an eight wide camper through the gate. My wife and I were on walkie talkies so she could guide me through the gate. As I was pulling the camper out the light wind was blowing bellowing the cover up a little on the camper so I couldn't really tell how close I was to the gate or the house. As I was pulling the camper through the gate the truck all of a sudden stopped moving. I stepped on the the pedal a light harder, but the truck wouldn't move. So I got out of the truck to see what was happening and my wife came running up to me yelling, "Can't you hear me on the radio, I have been yelling at you to stop!" After getting my ### chewing, I discovered my radio wasn't working and I couldn't hear my wife over the diesel engine, the front right wheel had run up on stump in the yard next to the house, and I had hit the power meter on the house and punched out a 18 inch by 48 inch window on the camper next to the front door on the camper. We used duct tape to hold the window together in the camper for six weeks while we waited for Jayco to send us a replacement window, and fortunately I didn't damage the power meter on the house or damage the tire on the truck.

I learned the hard way, never pull a camper with the cover on it, and make sure booth radios are working!

1977 Avon
2003 Jayco Designer 32FKS
2011 Alpine 3640RL
2007 Dodge 3500
Alpinecummin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:36 AM   #13
Devildogmom

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
That would be heart-breaking - especially on a brand new unit! Hopefully, it will be your first and last encounter with low branches.
Yeah, I wasn't too happy, but stuff happens!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #14
dea3851

stuff happens

Jerseyphil. well I've not hit anything yet, But thought I was doing a good thing buy having a cover made for my 318SAB, 2010, nice cover, pulled it off this springto find the bottom edge where the grommets were had taken the paint and finish off, well I was sick to say the lease, after I got over the shock of the whole thing went over to our local sign comp. and they had a vinyl product that matched the color of the graphics to put along the bottom edge and it looks great better than new, I think it looks better than when I picked it up at the dealer, and no one can tell it was messed up, Don from Ludington, and it only cost me 300.00

dea3851 is offline   Reply With Quote